A question for parents of D1 Pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
So what is the players/parents acceptable and smartest response to an offer. How do you say, "We are weighing all are options", without offending the coaching staff. After all, you did email them that you would honored and privileged to attend UCXX.
Lol..if I was a coach I would start second guessing myself if a kid didn’t have other options to consider. I doubt they would be offended if you thanked them and told them you would get back to them in the specified time range.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
So what is the players/parents acceptable and smartest response to an offer. How do you say, "We are weighing all are options", without offending the coaching staff. After all, you did email them that you would honored and privileged to attend UCXX.
I would imagine since many recruits are also considering the financial packages, most coaches would totally understand a recruit telling them, “Thank you so much for your offer. You are one of my top “3“ choices, however I do need to consider the financial aspect of my decision. How much time would you be willing to allow for me to give you my final decision?”

However, I am not a D1 parent so maybe those with D1 kids have a better response? DD’s decision was not based on financials so she just flat out asked the coach how much time she had to make her decision. Coaches do understand that it is a lot for a recruit to think about when they are deciding on where they want to spend the next 4 years of their life after HS.

May 13, 2023
Definitely a situation that they will have to read the room on weighing out the opportunity.

Some people will go the route of having a top three or five College choices some think they're only going to go to one or two. Really comes down to player/family decisions and a lot of money involved in that decision too.

May 13, 2023
I know of colleges that have made offers to players and said to the player~
'We know you will have other offers. If the point comes where you know you don't want to attend here will you please let us know that you have taken us off your list.'

For colleges like MIT they can off make an offer to a player the player can accept and they still have to wait and see if the college will allow their admittance. For that reason players might have other options that they leave on the table knowing that their college acceptance is in that condition phase.

In a situation like this a player can be upfront with an opportunity saying I have already accepted an offer at XYZ School but I am interested in your college as a second option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad