8-year-old with 4 pitches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
This is cool that she knows this much at such a young age. However does anyone think that if at age 8 she is throwing these (Rise and Drop) she will kill her ligaments, and joints that are still very much aggressively growing and not ready for this type of torque on the arm? Just curious...

Apr 1, 2010
Given that the video says it's from 7/1/2009, I'd be curious to see what her pitching looks like now.

This is Shelby Smith. I know her and they live here in the Houston area. She is 10 maybe 11 now ('01 player). She has been pitching 12U TB for over a year now. She is pretty good and definitely throws all those pitches with the proper spin. My DD and I used to practice at her parents indoor facility, but since they closed the facility at the beginning of the year. Last time I saw her pitch was in fall 12U game. I clocked her at about 41-42mph, but I don't think she was throwing fast balls. I don't think she was throwing quite hard enough to make the ball move much, but I know she had the proper spin. She was getting hit pretty good since it was 12U girls. She is still one of the best 10 year old pitcher I've seen that isn't just throwing over powering heat. I've clocked (Pocket Radar) several girls in our 10U tournaments that throw 47-50mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes