8 Year Old, how to correct??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
I have an 8 yr. old DD. Our league hits off a machine. She makes good contact and hits the ball to third or short stop every time. I've videoed her before and doesn't seem to be a timing issue. I've found two main problems I've been try to fix. She drops her hands at the beginning of the swing and has a bad bat drag. I've been working on hitting off the tee doing the High Tee drills and trying to get her to turn the barrel to correct some of this. She is only 8 so its hard to get her to understand and correct these problems. With her age being only 8 I'm not wanting to be too concerned about it, but would like to nip it in the bud as soon as I can.

If you could give some good advice, suggestions, or tips for my DD that an 8 year old can understand and do.

Thanks
Chad

Apr 24, 2012
I had the same problem with my 8yo Reverse hand swings helped with the bat drag. Im also gonna start working with her on the TIP & RIP THREAD ON DFP

Oct 21, 2012
I've looked for the Reverse Hand Drill and found one on you tube that has been removed. Does anyone have another video of it?

Thanks
Chad

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Just passing through Hitting and found a question I can actually answer.

DD=Diamond Diva, Dirt Devil, Dollar Drainer, Devastating Demon, Dear Daughter and finally Darling Daughter. There are more...

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Can someone please explain this drill to me? I can't for the life of me figure out how it could possibly help a hitter with anything...

BustosStraightleg.gif

Does this help? I believe it could help a hitter with something.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole