4 weeks later WOW

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Total tear down of mechanics 4 weeks ago. New motion with IR....really still trying to get the motion down. When we started with skip 4 weeks ago initial mph 48, he made a few adjustments hit 50mph. Tonite preparing for her lesson tomorrow, I got the gun out....hit 53 3 different times!!! OMG, went out to eat at jimmy johns to celebrate!! Lol MORE to COME!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One step back, two steps forward! I am excited for you and your DD, but also remember that she is still growing. My DD increased @ 5 MPH/year from 10-14. Some of it was practice and mechanics, but a lot of it was growth!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
One step back, two steps forward! I am excited for you and your DD, but you have to remember that she is still growing. My DD increased @ 5 MPH/year from 10-14. Some of it was practice and mechanics, but a lot of it was growth!

And eating out at Jimmy Johns. :rolleyes:

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
And eating out at Jimmy Johns. :rolleyes:
Lesson tonite on the JUGS speed gun 53.5. She popped another one without the gun that may well have been that 54mph! This is a amazing journey....4 years, 5 different instructors to finally find a guy who knows what he's talking about!

Sep 26, 2014
Total tear down of mechanics 4 weeks ago. New motion with IR....really still trying to get the motion down. When we started with skip 4 weeks ago initial mph 48, he made a few adjustments hit 50mph. Tonite preparing for her lesson tomorrow, I got the gun out....hit 53 3 different times!!! OMG, went out to eat at jimmy johns to celebrate!! Lol MORE to COME!!

Can you share some of the drills you used and what age is your daughter? We are going through the same thing. My daughter actually grew and it decreased her speed for about 2 weeks. Now we are back to where we were and wanting to concentrate on I/R specific routines.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Can you share some of the drills you used and what age is your daughter? We are going through the same thing. My daughter actually grew and it decreased her speed for about 2 weeks. Now we are back to where we were and wanting to concentrate on I/R specific routines.
. Well, let me just say this....my daughter had a lot of flaws in her delivery, so we changed everything. I would not specifically call him a IR instructor, although in all reality it was he teaches. He calls it pronated wrist, in all due respect it's basically the same, his claim is caused by the arm stopping at 6 wrist snapping and then a natural follow through. What he is not teaching but I see it is also a whipping motion created by the bend in the elbow. NO HELLO elbow. We are doing long toss...most use it to teach leg drive! He wants you to not take a running start but with one step create enough arm whip to throw 84' on the fly. Kneeling on a large inflatable ball so all you can use is arm whip, completely taking the legs out. Also Throwing the ball in the glove slight hitting the hip and stopping the hand at 6 o clock and snapping wrist. Important thing he told us about the left hand. Arm goes back, glove hand against chest ...arm pushes straight out( don't swim), when throwing arm is at 12 left Palm rotates to 1st base, it will force your right hip to completely OPEN!! More power!!

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Also walk normally and just throw the ball and continue walking a couple steps(underhand) it is truly just a natural uneed and throwing motion

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
We do not recommend any type of stopping of the hand, nor do we think wrist snap adds much to the pitch. Look at the research--it is 1% and read RP on the subject. She could put a bowling sleeve to lock the wrist and pitch the same velocity

No, the hand adds 100% to the velocity of the ball... as it is what releases it. :rolleyes: Stop referencing a study you have misinterpreted and do not understand.

And if by RP... you mean Rick Pauly... well, then you're wrong there, too. Rick and I both use a drill similar to this - something he and I have discussed on different occasions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1