2022 Meta LS bat snapped in half

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2022
Just trying to figure out if this has happened to anyone else.

Around my birthday I was gifted a brand new 2022 Meta. Then not even three weeks later I was at highschool BP and it started to have no power at all, even though I felt like I was making good contact. Then all of a sudden it started to sound weird almost like it was hollow. Three pitches later the barrel of the bat snapped in half. I hadn’t even hit 200 balls with it yet.

I guess I’m just wondering if I just got a fluke and the bat wasn’t made correctly, or if they are all like this. Because I have broken 6 different ghosts but that has always just been deep spider cracks or the welding becoming loose so the bat starts to bend. But I have never broken a barrel in half like I did with the meta.

I also have a bunch of friends and teammates who say they love the bat and they are hitting much better with it. And none of them has broke theirs. So maybe it was just mine?

By the way, the inside of the bat is a pool noodle and blow in foam. That only goes halfway up the barrel. Take that what you will. I just thought it was crazy that’s what is in this bat.

Attachments

• DA2A317B-5B04-4960-A27E-5C65E82097E6.jpeg
    DA2A317B-5B04-4960-A27E-5C65E82097E6.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 77
Feb 6, 2018
MN
Two girls on my daughter's team have broken 2 bats each. Last about a month. Good luck getting a replacement Meta since they don't have any. They will offer you an LXT with no refund on the $50 more the meta costs.

Mar 24, 2022
Two girls on my daughter's team have broken 2 bats each. Last about a month. Good luck getting a replacement Meta since they don't have any. They will offer you an LXT with no refund on the $50 more the meta costs.
At least its not just me, but you would think by this point they would have found a way to stop bats from breaking so easily. Also that's great about how they can't even give you a Meta back.

Thanks for the info.

Apr 25, 2019
My DD's Meta isn't cracked but it has a wobble, thunk type sound in the barrel. I guess it would considered a rattle but it's not little pieces. Whatever is moving is a large piece. I will be looking to send it off soon but that stinks about not having any Metas. We will see I guess.

Sep 19, 2018
My small sample size of one 12U team. In the past 14 months there have been at least 3 broken ghosts. There might be a forth. We have 5 girls now swinging the Meta. So in 6 (or so) tournaments, the only Meta issue has been a glue rattle in one bat. If it makes a difference, the temps in 2 tourneys have been in the 40s F.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
At least its not just me, but you would think by this point they would have found a way to stop bats from breaking so easily. Also that's great about how they can't even give you a Meta back.

Thanks for the info.

Top-end bats are pushing the limits of the materials in order to achieve peak performance. The way to make bats more durable is to make them stronger. However, this comes at the expense of reduced performance. Then, you have a "dead" bat that no one will buy. One of the factors in the cost of a bat is the manufacturers' expectation that they will have to replace it when it breaks.

This is not exclusive to the Meta, and it's not a new issue.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD has a teammate who broke two Meta’s over the course of a few months. Both had the inner barrel break or come loose.

Not saying they all break. As I’ve talked to others who have had no issue and love the bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What I have seen about the Meta, is if you get past the initial month or two, the bat will seem to last. Most Meta failures
happen VERY fast...almost like there is a construction issue. Once past that early stage, you are gtg.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Top-end bats are pushing the limits of the materials in order to achieve peak performance. The way to make bats more durable is to make them stronger. However, this comes at the expense of reduced performance. Then, you have a "dead" bat that no one will buy. One of the factors in the cost of a bat is the manufacturers' expectation that they will have to replace it when it breaks.

This is not exclusive to the Meta, and it's not a new issue.
Yupper, when you make a tank, nobody wants it. Point proven in the other thread, how many people run inside and get their
radar when a bat comes in? Then complain that the bats not hot enough right away or when the bat breaks...hahaha. People want
hot as heck. With that, comes breakage. People have to just deal with the fact, that if you want super hot bats, you're going to
to use warranties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06