2019 Louisville PXT X19 -10 deal?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Received an email from softballfans with bat at $109.89. No idea if a good deal or not, but figured I’d share.
The 2018 PXT was
Received an email from softballfans with bat at $109.89. No idea if a good deal or not, but figured I’d share.
The 2018 PXT was a heavy solidly built bat. It was a love/hate for most folks.
The 2019 version is defective. It will break. By break I mean glue/resin becomes loose and rattles around inside. The bat is still useable for BP but not game worthy.
If you get a warranty with it and want a LXT, RXT, or Xeno to replace the PXT when it breaks that’s not a bad deal.

Jun 6, 2018
some places it does and really luck of the draw when you call and get a live person for warranty replacement. most people with demarini are offered a prism if they want to pay the difference.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No way that actually works, right?

If so, I'll take 6 PXTs at $100 please.

Works a lot of the times

They MUST replace with a "like" model, they will not give you a cheapie because of what you paid for the PXT...selling price
has nothing to do with replacement. The map pricing dictates replacement.
Happens in slowpitch A LOT...someone will find a bat that has fallen out of favor with players and selling for cheap and find out the manufacturer is replacing it with a darn good bat...then all of a sudden the onslaught of those returns from the ethical sp community ;)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014
We bought a 2019 PXT Oct-2, it saw two tournaments and practice before something big broke loose inside and it wasn't suitable for even hitting practice. They exchanged it for a 2020 RXT, they actually moved her to a 34" from a 33" which was nice, but we are now using a bat marked no warranty less than 4 months we the initial purchase. So I would say it is not worth it if your DD is hard on bats.

They did tell me over the phone that the 2019 is defective and the RXT is the replacement. But they offered to exchange it for the RXT or one other model that I can't remember.

We have gone back to Demarini, because she has broken a ghost, this PXT and a Combat Maximum, but we have had no trouble with Demarini.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014
I had always heard those Maxim’s were pretty bulletproof!
Both DDs loved them, but both broke their bat. If I recall correctly DD at 16u cracked it, DD at first year 12 broke it in two at the handle where it meets the barrel.

Those were the last year they were available. So maybe earlier versions were better.

Feb 27, 2019
I used a players 2018 for hitting ground balls for fielding and I thought it was crazy hot. too bad the model changed for 2019. I just saw an advertisement for a new 2020 LTD PXT SHADOWS (-10). I haven't seen any reviews for it though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619