2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes, but we are talking weight as well...if you keep barrel size you have to take weight from somewhere. Handle is lighter than barrel.
There isn't enough handle to compensate for weight from barrel. So you are still including
the inner barrel in the bats, so to keep barrel same lengths, Easton couldn't keep weights down enough to keep barrel size there.
Same with LS...they have really small barrels.

Other bats have no inner tech, which is why they can extend the barrel. As you can see, only one small drop 11s has bigger barrels.

May 12, 2016
I am not affiliated with any association or product.. just a softball dad who wants to get his DD the best bat possible. There's a lot of debate on here about the Easton Ghost. I don't have any first hand experience because I am not seeing many of these bats north of the border. This makes sense because the 2018 ball season is just getting started. However based on the customer reviews I see online the Easton Ghost does seem like the hottest bat on the market right now, but it also seems like it suffers from durability issues;

https://www.justbats.com/product/20...0-fastpitch-softball-bat--fp18gh10/27624/#non

I am not sure what to buy anymore. I am very intrigued by the Ghost, but these reviews scare me a little as well due to the number of bats breaking within the first few weeks/months.

Cheers

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Bat has been out for almost a year...and that site has 40 comments and what...half have a con?...and some of the cons are about the grip and stamp...not bad.
Again, read into comments a little and take into context. Of course the thousands of good ones don't normally write a review. Love the one about
her CF9 with 3K hits and how the Ghost outhits it but probably wont get better...haha.

Btw, remember...Easton has a 2 replacement warranty unlike any other bat manufacturer. Also, if it breaks early, heck, its a freebie

Jul 5, 2016
I am not affiliated with any association or product.. just a softball dad who wants to get his DD the best bat possible. There's a lot of debate on here about the Easton Ghost. I don't have any first hand experience because I am not seeing many of these bats north of the border. This makes sense because the 2018 ball season is just getting started. However based on the customer reviews I see online the Easton Ghost does seem like the hottest bat on the market right now, but it also seems like it suffers from durability issues;

https://www.justbats.com/product/20...0-fastpitch-softball-bat--fp18gh10/27624/#non

I am not sure what to buy anymore. I am very intrigued by the Ghost, but these reviews scare me a little as well due to the number of bats breaking within the first few weeks/months.

Cheers
I can say this we started with a couple asa ghost on our TB team to see how they would do. As of today there isnt one girl on our team that doesn't swing a ghost the only thing they look at now is which one they get to swing blue letter our yellow letter. We had 1 bat out of 28 cracked and it happened right off had another one sent to us very quickly. Honestly I hope the other teams keep swinging the other brands

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

May 12, 2016
Bat has been out for almost a year...and that site has 40 comments and what...half have a con?...and some of the cons are about the grip and stamp...not bad.
Again, read into comments a little and take into context. Of course the thousands of good ones don't normally write a review. Love the one about
her CF9 with 3K hits and how the Ghost outhits it but probably wont get better...haha.

Btw, remember...Easton has a 2 replacement warranty unlike any other bat manufacturer. Also, if it breaks early, heck, its a freebie

Do they really? a 2 bat replacement warranty, I thought it was only 1 replacement. That's great!
OMW to buy one right now

May 12, 2016
Pulled the trigger

20180502_191358.jpg

DD is currently at practice with a hand me down 2015 Xeno.. surprise waiting for her when she gets home

May 12, 2016
Haven't had a chance to try it yet.. I think I am more excited than her, lol. QQ, For the those of you with experience with Xeno, does the Ghosts have a lighter swing weight? My DD is use to a 32/21 Xeno 2015. We just purchased a 32/22 Ghost. According to the bat weight DB there is not much difference in avg weight. Just curious how the Ghost swings compared to the Xeno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog