2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2014
My daughter's favorite black freak 32/22 has a crack in it
Any thoughts on if the 32/22 ghost would be too much or is it better to go smaller and get a 31/21.
She is 5'4" and 115 lbs.
Any thoughts?
I don't want to mess up her swing as she's hitting well with amazing pop.

Feb 14, 2014
Different Facebook groups are taunting me with the USSSA version of the Ghost being available in some areas. DD’s team plays USFA (which requires the same stamp) and occasionally USSSA, so we’re past ready for the new version. Can I reasonably “assume” that Core will post when he has some for sale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 6, 2016
(Daughter just showed me Instagram post) Hey USSSA players, are you ready to #MakeTheSwitch? Come see and swing the new USSSA Ghost at the St. Patrick’s Day Classic this weekend! #June1Launch #MaketheSwitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
My daughter's favorite black freak 32/22 has a crack in it
Any thoughts on if the 32/22 ghost would be too much or is it better to go smaller and get a 31/21.
She is 5'4" and 115 lbs.
Any thoughts?
I don't want to mess up her swing as she's hitting well with amazing pop.
She should be fine with a 32/22. Even though they still run heavy, they swing very balanced for an Easton. DD is sixteen, 5’5” and 130. She swings a 33/23.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Just to report back, the 2nd warranty replacement for the Ghost was flawless. It only took about a week from mailing it out to getting the new one back. The new replacement Ghost (33/23) is a little heavier than the last two weighing 24.1 oz while the first 2 were both 23.6 oz with grip tape. I'm curious if anyone else experienced this. My DD hasn't swung it yet to see how it compares.

Feb 15, 2017
Different Facebook groups are taunting me with the USSSA version of the Ghost being available in some areas. DD’s team plays USFA (which requires the same stamp) and occasionally USSSA, so we’re past ready for the new version. Can I reasonably “assume” that Core will post when he has some for sale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following...Help Core! Teammate just exploded a CF8 Sprite yesterday and we are almost USSSA exclusive. Her Dad wants nothing but a ghost but if it’s not going to be available anytime soon....

With the teaser photos out there - gotta believe it is soon!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Following...Help Core! Teammate just exploded a CF8 Sprite yesterday and we are almost USSSA exclusive. Her Dad wants nothing but a ghost but if it’s not going to be available anytime soon....

With the teaser photos out there - gotta believe it is soon!
I believe he said the release is in June sometime. I'm sure he'll pinpoint it a little later once he gets a firm date.

Mar 6, 2016
Several Facebook posts are saying 1 June and pre-order in mid April: Then there was this post by a D. Brown:
Easton Ghost...... My opinion!

ASA version verses the USSSA version.

ASA - already on the market - blue lettering
USSSA - official release date 6/1/18 - yellow lettering.

I am going to start this off by saying I’ve always been a DeMarini fan loving the CF series and that’s all my daughter has swung. She tried several others but have always kept the CF.

I received a ASA Ghost this winter and my daughter was excited about something new. We took it to the cages and after a couple swings with it she puts it down and picks up her CF8. She said it felt a little different. The following week we worked with the Ghost again and I’ll say this.... the ball absolutely smoked off it and from that point she fell in love. She never touch her CF’s again until last week and the only reason is because she has a USSSA tourney this weekend. She played a couple games while using it and the ball during live pitching still comes off super hot.

This weekend in Atlanta, Easton was at the tourney with about 50 of the USSSA for sale as an early release and had a few demos. My daughter swung the USSSA version and it seemed to both us of us that it had just as much pop off the bat as the ASA version. She said it felt good and liked it also. There was not a difference in sounds of the two versions either. They sound wicked to me. You know them when you hear them. There was a dinger hit this weekend with one of them during a game also.

A friend of mine had his daughter swing a CF9 -10 and the Ghost USSSA -10 this weekend at the demo. The Ghost had a 7 mph higher exit speed then the CF9.

So in my opinion,

I personally think the USSSA version will be pretty close to the ASA version based on what we experienced this weekend. I’m super glad we had the chance to swing both bats since there has been so much hype of these two bats. I hope this helps some lol.

D Bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Of course it’s “pretty close” to the ASA, he’s a sales rep, lol! I don’t know him personally, so that’s probably a little unfair, but it was my first thought. ;)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Of course it’s “pretty close” to the ASA, he’s a sales rep, lol! I don’t know him personally, so that’s probably a little unfair, but it was my first thought. ;)

I don't see where he said this guy was a salesman. Just that he was at a tourney that had the usssa Ghost there to swing and posted what he said about it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles