2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
This could be very interesting if they only approved it for usssa.

I believe this is a USSSA and NSA bat only. Fastpitch going the way of slow pitch. Glad DD doesn’t play USSSA or NSA. I’m curious if this model will sell as well as the USA/ASA Ghost. I’m also wondering if there is really any difference between the two.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
It seems like all we are playing is usssa right now. Why wouldn't they make it approved for both?

My guess is they had a new product they wanted to get out on the market and USSSA was dragging their feet in giving their approval so Easton went ahead and released the ASA version. Easton was struggling to keep up with the top manufacturers at the time.

May 19, 2016
And no USA/ASA stamp. At least the graphics are different colors. Should make it easy for umps to distinguish their associations approved bet.

That could be a deal breaker to some. Especially when you can find bats that are just as hot that are approved across the board. Not a big fan of the grey and yellow graphics either, but that Is just nitpicking.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Since USA/ASA and USSSA bat testing is different, Easton decided to make the Ghost as hot as possible per sanction and bat test exit speeds allowed. I have a feeling, we're going to see the other bat manufacturers following suit rather soon since it will double their initial bat sales. However, I don't see that lasting long as you will see teams playing only one sanction as opposed to both and forcing parents to spend $700 on two bats to play both sanctions. I've already chosen not to play USSSA tourneys with my 12U team this year for that very reason. I have several on my team using the USA/ASA Ghost.

Dec 11, 2010
And USSSA should be ashamed of themselves for starting all this baloney. If the manufacturers start this two stamp stuff they are going to price even more players out of softball. The cost is ridiculous. And it started costing us money for real a couple of summers ago.

They are doing what they do “for the safety of the kids” I’m sure.

Play ASA/USA and PGF people. USSSA’s really slick website isn’t worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1