2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
I was at a PGF event today and was told that the USSSA version of the Ghost is not as hot as the ASA bat and there is a significant difference. Fact or fiction?

In my region (Florida) PGF is fairly new and it seems that one of their selling points is the high school girls can use their same bats for school and tourney play whereas USSSA and NSA will require a different bat if you want to use the ghost and will lose some pop.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, they are diff associations, I have no idea what was done to get the usssa sticker on the bats and avoid testing. Worst case scenario, it hits as good as good as any dual stamp bat
out there and the ASA Ghost remains the best performing bat overall. Its gonna be very hard to develop a usssa bat that hits like that ASA Ghost. But again, don't have one in hand.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core, can you compare barrels on a 31/21 and a 31/20 on the ASA ghost? Are they the same or is the drop 11 bigger?

If I remember, yes. You can text me to remind me. Some of the little things during a day I forget once in a while. I work all day, then if I go to the shop
I am there til like 10pm taking care of the books there. So makes for a long day to remember. So 6am to 10pm gets mentally tiring...haha

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The only white themed ghost I've seen was a slowpitch version at one of my slowpitch tournaments. Think it was still a asa only stamp as well though. Core would be the one to know the details though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There is a white Ghost in slowpitch.

And in slowpitch, almost every single bat is assoc specific. So if you are talking about an ASA bat in slowpitch, 99.9 percent chance its only ASA legal. Same as
their usssa bats, 99.9% chance its only usssa legal. Very few dual stamped bats and the ones that are, are junk.

jjr

Jun 13, 2017
There was a rep this weekend at my kid's tournament. I kept begging her to try one out but it was a no go.

I saw it in action. Which made me try to talk her into trying it out even more (still got a no). I can say that the ball looks like it comes off faster than any other bat. She had a couple line drives hit right to her that I don't ever recall seeing fly that fast to her (except probably when my husband hits them to her).

I am jealous of anyone who's been able to talk their kid into trying it out. I've been trying since it was first launched and all I keep getting is a no.

jjr

Jun 13, 2017
Hahaha, why not?

She told me she was fine with what she has and said, "It's not the bat." And I told her but this is the bat. She just disagreed with me no matter how hard I tried to push her. She's currently swinging a combat that I got for her to use to get used to the size since we moved up both length and weight (went from 30/19 to 31/21 back in December) before I spent money on a "better bat". She likes the bat so I'm not complaining but I've just seen and heard a lot of good about this one that I just wanted to see if she'd try it and it was a no go. Her previous bat was a xeno so she's also wanting that brand too. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut