2017 LXT Hyper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
Anyones DD been swinging one? Picked up a 33/23 2017 LXT for Fall Ball been reading some reviews about long break in times, not as balanced as prior years, etc? DD has a '14 and had a '16 until end cap issues. Wondering if its time to make a move to a CF9 or Xeno?

Last edited:

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
Has anyone had any issues with barrel twist? If you take the handle and the barrel in seprate hands and twist them opposite? We have a Hyper and 2 LXT +'s on our team that twist a good bit. Have seen some that do quite a bit, and others that don't at all. We have also seen umps toss the bats for this. We are getting ready to send them back for replacement

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Has anyone had any issues with barrel twist? If you take the handle and the barrel in seprate hands and twist them opposite? We have a Hyper and 2 LXT +'s on our team that twist a good bit. Have seen some that do quite a bit, and others that don't at all. We have also seen umps toss the bats for this. We are getting ready to send them back for replacement

My DD has 2 LXT +s of different size and they have this. Several others on the team have the bats and they all do this. No one with the new hyper yet though.

May 13, 2013
Guess its supposed to?

From Louisville site:

My Prime 916 / LXT has movement in the socket connection between the barrel and handle, is this normal?
Yes. In order to maximize the vibration reduction all TRU3 models use a patented 3-piece design that includes a socket as part of the connection. The socket allows the barrel to pivot in relation to the handle providing the maximum amount of energy transfer to the ball on impact. Since it is a socket (think shoulder joint) it will allow the barrel to flex in all directions in relation to the handle.

Does this increase the performance?
No. We have heard that some of the associations are afraid that this will increase performance above the allowable limit, but that is not the case

Jun 19, 2016
I had a chance to use the LXT Hyper/Xeno/CF9 all side by side at a Wilson demo today. All bats were 32/21. I really wanted my daughter to hit but he didn't have any small softball bats. I can say personally I can feel a big difference between the LXT Hyper and the Xeno. The LXT Hyper had a lot less vibration. It was my favorite. The Wilson rep said he was going to be in a nearby town in two weeks and would have his full complement of bats. So I am planning on bringing my daughter up there to see what she likes best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi