2016 Nationals - Locations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
I am trying to compile a list of where 18u Nationals will be held for 2016. I found the information for ASA but I am not able to locate NSA or USSSA info. Does anyone have information on either of them or a suggestion on another sanctioning body? We are located in Illinois and looking for a vacation destination instead of heading to nowhere USA.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
USSSA has multiple across the country but there is always one in Orlando at ESPN Wide World of Sports (and surrounds). It is a little expensive as tournaments go, but if you want a holiday destination you can't do much better. It is easy and cheap to get to from pretty much anywhere. 18U competition is OK (all the best teams are in ASA & PGF by this age).

USFA is in Pamana City, FL every year. This is a fun tournament to be involved in. Not Orlando, but a good mix of fun and games. Quality of play is better than USSSA but there isn't the level of attractions Orlando offers. Very enjoyable.

NSA have screwed with the ball by going to a slowpitch ball so we have abandoned NSA for ever. I don't believe they have finalized locations for 2016 yet

PGF will be in So Cal if you can qualify.

If you are going to lean more towards vacation destination with Softball versus Softball followed by vacation, USSSA in Orlando is clearly the way to go. So much to do when you are not at the fields.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
TCS in South Carolina or Reno/Lake Tahoe are also good destinations. I would avoid any TCS sanctioned event in NYC. From what I hear, this year was an absolute disaster.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
USFA is in Pamana City, FL every year. ... Quality of play is better than USSSA .

Friend of mine went to Panama City (usfa) this year, Orlando (usssa) last year, both in 14U-B, and felt USSSA was stronger.

I haven't been to Panama City, nor Orlando in 3 years, so don't have an opinion, but just thought I'd share his.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG