2014 CF6 Drop -10: A slight end load?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Took DD down to the local DeMarini dealer to check out the CF6. When swung side-by-side, the CF6 -10 bat felt to have a slight end load vs. the same bat in 2013 CF5. Both were 32" bats. Has anyone else noticed this? We were actually contemplating an Insane but I really don't want that much if an end load for a young girl (regardless of her 200' power) and thought this new -10 might be the ticket.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
FWIW, I recently bought my DD a 2014 CF6 Hope and she loves it. She tried an end-loaded CF5 Insane and even though the drop was the same she said the end-loaded bat felt heavier and her swing was a little slower.

FWIW, I recently bought my DD a 2014 CF6 Hope and she loves it. She tried an end-loaded CF5 Insane and even though the drop was the same she said the end-loaded bat felt heavier and her swing was a little slower.
Thanks, WB. I feel the same way about the end load for an 11-year-old. It just seems too young to be able to generate the bat speed, although my DD says she prefers it.

Perhaps I am just engaging in a little wishful thinking with the CF6 -10 feeling slightly different than the CF5 -10. Do you happen to have a 2013 CF5 you could compare your DD's bat to side-by-side?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
No. The cf6 has absolutely no end load feel to it at all. It feels lighter then all other bats the same weight. Next time we need a new bat, I am thinking insane or a -9 cf6.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If the mechanics are sound, swing speed shouldn't suffer, and an endload shouldn't be anything to avoid. Recall for a minute, that the boys get pushed to smaller drops sooner than the girls and yet the girls tend to physically mature sooner. IMO, an endloaded bat helps identify any swing flaws and allows them to be corrected before they get harder to fix.

Jun 21, 2010
No. The cf6 has absolutely no end load feel to it at all. It feels lighter then all other bats the same weight. Next time we need a new bat, I am thinking insane or a -9 cf6.

I was thinking the same thing. DD swings the CF6 Insane 32/22 and she says it's swings similar to her 32/22 Xeno. I think she is ready for a -9 too.

Feb 14, 2010
My daughter was a die hard Xeno fan, but after destroying 2 in 2 weeks time we decided to go with a Worth Legit, it cracked within a week also. We then decided to try a CF5, to much consternation from my DD, she's alays hated Demarini's in the past. After swinging the CF5 she will never go back another bat.

Jan 7, 2013
Just bought my DD a CF5 as well... she got really upset, as she loves her Xeno, which is unfortunately dying a slow death having lost lots of pop in the last few weeks. With our LXT not likely to arrive until September, we had to get a stopgap...

she also hates DeMarini bats... but after reading Crankermo's post, she's willing to give it a shot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi