2 hitting aids

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’m liking these two training aids.

One is the Swingblaster which measures your bat speed as a low tech device. It uses a nut, plastic washers and a magnet. The nut or device clicks as you reach your batspeed, determined on how many washers you use. Less washers the stronger the magnetic effect, which means a higher batspeed is needed to create the click. I want it to click behind my head or rearward. You can hear it click behind your head. Good audible feedback. I can remove washers to try to create higher batspeed rearward.

The second is Linedrive pro trainer. You attach a tennis ball to the barrel and work on dry swings with a throwing action, with the ball thrown in the desired direction. It’s similar to the Insider bat or a paddle bat, where you have to turn the barrel correctly from it’s starting position to reach the ideal contact position. Great device for throwing the bat without actually throwing the bat.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If you are trying to find a hybrid swing (like JD Martinez, IMHO) then yeah they are cool. I would say that the devices are on oppisite ends of the swing debates. The linedrive pro will promote a more out in front swing (whip) while the other device (used the way you suggest which maybe different than the manufacturer's advice) will promote early deep speed and hitting the ball much deeper.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Only when you send the ball to your pull side, do you reach opposite ends of the spectrum. If you send the ball right up the middle your not completely whip out front. I will know more when I get my net and will film using it with a smaller target.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I will try the Line drive pro with the Swingblaster and throw the ball directly up the middle. The Line drive pro should be similar to dry swings. I’ll do some more testing and filming.

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
I use the line drive pro on rainy days in the garage. My daughter can hit center target 90 out of 100 times. And I pick up her spare at 10 out of 100. Sounds like firecrackers in the garage when i do it. I really like it

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
wasn't there a DIY thingy with lengths of black pipe with cap and collar, a barbell weight whose hole was smaller than the cap or collar, and you swung it out? I believe I have one somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid