12 yo swing critique please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
She is spinning and it looks like she has no separation from the upper and lower half.

I was fickin' to say exactly that.

It would be better if it were a side view. But we can see enough from straight ahead to say that she is not loading and transferring weight properly. In building a swing from the ground up, that's probably where she should start.

How long has she been taking instruction from this coach?

May 13, 2013
Sorry about that guys, try the second link it's working now and a side view. She's only been taking from this guy for about a month, really just been working on the Tee a lot. I could see where separating the upper and lower half could help with quicker hands and bat speed any things we can do to work on the separation.

Jan 25, 2011
IMO I would do the happy Gilmore drill. It would help her to feel what it is like to drive her lower half thru the ball and not just to spin.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Which would be this ...

RyanHappyGilmore.gif

May 13, 2013
Wow so I guess this is just a crap swing. I don't know about dropping the hands she has been taught basically to drive the knob off the back shoulder and be short to the ball.

Jan 25, 2011
Wow so I guess this is just a crap swing. I don't know about dropping the hands she has been taught basically to drive the knob off the back shoulder and be short to the ball.

No don't think of the swing as being crap. It is a start of a journey. Your dd is working hard and you are looking for help. Nobody is going to say that about your dd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24