12 YO DD video....second attempt!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
Okay, I think I may have some video that will work. Because PC was directly behind DD and nets on each side I could not get exact angles, but probably close enough.

Just some quick background on DD...first year 12U...locates FB, drop ball, and CU. Top speed clocked by PC is 56.

Here is what PC has her working on:

1) more drive off the mound. DD tend to stay straight up and down.

2) keeping ball closer to body

3) DD throws a roll over drop...had it for a while, but arm whip got faster and now she is learning to catch back up on turning hand over faster, etc.

i think one video is FB and the other I believe she is throwing a drop.

What do you see? Thanks for any feedback you can give me. There is A LOT of work left to be done, but I am very proud of DD for her work ethic. This is a kid that couldn't complete and inning 6 months ago because her mechanics were such a mess. New PC and seven months later threw a no hitter two weeks ago. Never underestimate the power of a great PC!

IMG 0042 - YouTube

IMG 0048 - YouTube

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Honestly-I'd fix that crow hop first...if she hasn't been called on it she's getting lucky. it's not just "a little light showing under the foot" it's pretty severe. Do it now in the off season.

The angles really makes it hard to see anything else. you really want to get a direct side and direct back and front. The back view is really good for looking at the plane of the arm circle and the hand positioning relative to the plane, put it off to the side a little like this and you really can't see what it's doing. Also it is blurring out pretty badly when I bring it in and look at it in slo motion. arm circle wise, she is a .37 so she is within the universal arm circle constant range...sorry wrong thread.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Side video makes it much easier for me to see what's going on. The arm blurred through release so I couldn't really see much there. I thought everything else looked pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi