10yr Old hitting please evaluate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2009
NE
We watched the 'Casey' series to show her Howard's technique and then went out to try it ourselves. I'll try to get a few more videos but this is my first attempt.

I know she needs to be more consistent with the hip turn but think the arms are doing OK not great but OK.

[video]http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/e95sH4Ha6xFVLOj04GWuxA?feat=directlink[/video]

Feb 14, 2010
The bigges thing I would fix first would be the stance. She is straight up and has no flex in her knees. Like Howard says start with the ground and build up from there.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
We watched the 'Casey' series to show her Howard's technique and then went out to try it ourselves. I'll try to get a few more videos but this is my first attempt.

I know she needs to be more consistent with the hip turn but think the arms are doing OK not great but OK.

[video]http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/e95sH4Ha6xFVLOj04GWuxA?feat=directlink[/video]

Bend at waist and soften knees just a bit. She is standing abit tall. Where her lead foot lands that should be where the tee placement is. I personal put the tee a bit deeper so they dont reach.

For 10 she has a bunch of good points to her swing.

Maybe try some swings with that set up and ask Howard to take a look at it.

Straightleg

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
The bigges thing I would fix first would be the stance. She is straight up and has no flex in her knees. Like Howard says start with the ground and build up from there.

Would it be possible to see her throwing technique?

Thanks Howard

Jan 23, 2009
NE
Howard,

I'll work on getting some. I saw your other posts about throwing relating to batting. She is a catcher and we have been working on getting her to use the legs better and move her body towards 2nd base. She has a bad habit of leaning as/after she throws towards 3rd. When it is correct the throws are hard and accurate - when she leans they are high and slow.

Thanks for the help - please thank Casey also as my daughter thought I was nuts until we started watching the videos. Now she wants to be like Casey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez