10yo DD - Trying to get more SNF

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif

From my favorite swing example, I see the point of maximum coil at the time of the stride touch-down.

Aug 28, 2012
Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif

From my favorite swing example, I see the point of maximum coil at the time of the stride touch-down.

No. Hopefully Howe will ask what my definition of No is and what is is too, which is only a few t's from a damn fine ice cream sandwich. How am I doing PC? You with me? :)

What are you looking at to define maximum coil? What relationship defines coil and more importantly coiling? It's not how far back the hips turn in relation to the ground or plate or shoulders or foot. So what's left?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
No. Hopefully Howe will ask what my definition of No is and what is is too, which is only a few t's from a damn fine ice cream sandwich. How am I doing PC? You with me? :)

What are you looking at to define maximum coil? What relationship defines coil and more importantly coiling? It's not how far back the hips turn in relation to the ground or plate or shoulders or foot. So what's left?
You are sooo terse lately. You may be more suited to just making video's, like the old days. :D

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I am trying to get her to create as much resistance/torque as "reasonably" possibly between upper and lower body when she gets to the launch position.

I want her to create a great amount of elastic energy between the 2 halves so it makes sense to have the lower body opening up as the upper body is coiling back and she should reach the greatest amount of resistance between the halves at the launch position.

Please correct me if I am wrong ... but I do see that she is coiling back while striding forward. I can see that because the angle from her back shoulder to her front shoulder appears to be getting steeper as she is striding forward. At launch her upper body is rotated back and her lower body is open creating a great amount of torque.

Perhaps I shouldn't be comparing just angles of shoulders vs angle of hips to see if she is creating that stretch ????
When should her back elbow be at its highest and furthest back point ??? At launch ??? Toe Touch ???
Is the back elbow even something to pay attention to in regards to SNF ???
Thanks BD. You mention halves. Check out page 15 and beyond:

Donny Buster's "Total Presentation"

Aug 28, 2012
You are sooo terse lately. You may be more suited to just making video's, like the old days. :D

Damn I was good eh? Just looks at those beauties. I keep hoping someone will step up to fill the void, there has got to be some good shots coming out of the MLB playoff cameras... but alas.... just Rorschach test butterfly GIFs. :)

Pretty much said all that needed to be said in that last one.... hope to keep the dialog going after his response.

Cheers,
NoonTime

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Okay, let me try rephrasing. I guess I used "coil" incorrectly (more likely, I don't completely understand what defines it).

What I see is that Mig "rocks the U" rearward as he strides forward. At stride touchdown, the "U" is rocked back to its furthest point.

Jul 17, 2012
Trying to understand here... of course it takes a bit to sift through the sick humor... :rolleyes:

When I look at the OP's DD... It looks like instead of a coil.... I see a backward "sway" over the back foot. Yes? No? Then I see the clip of Miggy, and although it may be someone's fav...it loooks like he got handcuffed. Looks like he made a phenomenal adjustment to get the barrel on the ball, but not an ideal clip of what you're looking to reproduce...unless of course this was a "hitting bad pitches" thread. So when we talk about how to help the OP's kid's swing... what is the first step? Fix the negative move...right? Or worry about a whole bunch of other stuff downstream? Please...by all means, correct me if I am off base here, but it looks to me like she was set up for the drop and drag from her first move.... This is the position of "no man's land" that I find my own kid in ALL THE TIME...

position of detriment.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad