10U in sc

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2021
Hey Southern! Welcome to he club! As a fairly new member myself i can tell you that if you search through the content of previous posts you can find just about anything you are looking for. And if you can't there are a ton of great folks here that are more than willing to share their knowledge! Good luck!

Jul 31, 2015
Welcome! Glad you took the time to sign up and introduce yourself. Thank you!

Anything specific you’re looking for re: coaching 10u? Narrowing it would really help. Lots of folks with tons o’ coaching experience on this board.
Cheers.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Welcome and enjoy the ride. Seriously enjoy it and soak up every single moment. You are going to make a ton of lifelong friends through the sport and gain a bunch of "daughters".

Plenty of knowledge around here if you simply ask for advice or go digging. I joined my DD's first year of 8U because I knew I didn't know anywhere enough about softball to be an effective coach. I learned so much from the members here from basic drills and strategy to help with DD's college search. Now 11 years later she is playing her Senior year and getting ready for the next step in the journey.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A few guidelines for 10U (don't just apply to 10U)...
- Keep it fun.
- Attention spans are short. During practices, change the activity/drill frequently.
- Keep it fun.
- Praise the effort, not just a successful outcome.
- Keep it fun.
- They're 9-10yos, and still learning how to make their bodies work. Some will shock you with how quickly they learn new things. Others will shock you with how they don't. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
- Keep it fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying