10U DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_nmrro2fFce1usf292o1_400.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The frame rate is a little low. The hips and torso needs to be freed up. I have no problem with the weight shift back, the shift forward seems a little late and blending in rotation. There is to much restrictions in the hips. The back knee should have flexed more and turned down and in farther. The back knee seems to flex during the weight shift back, and then I don't see any extension and then flex. Due to the restrictions both feet are flat on the ground at the same time and she dumps the barrel with really late lead arm involvement due to late hip/torso action.

This could just be a swing where she was really late and bypassed the body.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The second swing is better, really short information on that one though. Not a terrible swing, just could see her really freeing up the swing. Not to bad on the second swing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_nmrv8nEOei1usf292o1_400.gif

Just a dad like you so take it for what it's worth(probably-not-a-thing). This is your DD's best swing of the video. Yeah, it's 'missing' a few/couple of things that you hopefully will figure out.
I left the 'bat bang' in because I like the 'intent/passion' of the hitter to hit the ball.

Apr 13, 2015
She def was a lil late on a few of them. That's been the hard part because they face some really fast pitching at times. Hard to get them to catch up. She used to REALLY squish the bug. Still trying to get her to separate upper and lower half. When u say her hands are tied to the shoulders can u explain a little? I'm assuming hands need to stay back more.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
tumblr_nmrv8nEOei1usf292o1_400.gif

Just a dad like you so take it for what it's worth(probably-not-a-thing). This is your DD's best swing of the video. Yeah, it's 'missing' a few/couple of things that you hopefully will figure out.
I left the 'bat bang' in because I like the 'intent/passion' of the hitter to hit the ball.

Love the energy flow down the left arm during the 'bat bang'.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
She def was a lil late on a few of them. That's been the hard part because they face some really fast pitching at times. Hard to get them to catch up. She used to REALLY squish the bug. Still trying to get her to separate upper and lower half. When u say her hands are tied to the shoulders can u explain a little? I'm assuming hands need to stay back more.

If you are speaking of this:
Tying the hands to the shoulder turn is not going to cut it.
That's on all my post(sig) not meant/doesn't apply for your DD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan