10 yo - I think she has figured it out !!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
You seem to be all over the map. Your first question was “What the heck is an ideal swing for a 10 year old , 14? 16? , etc.” I’ve tried to explain that the swing is a “process”, that in order for a “process” to be successful that it needs a “roadmap”, that a decent “roadmap” for a developing hitter is the HLBB swing pattern, and that a good source for finding such a pattern is amongst a universe of those playing the game at the highest level.

I'm not currently interested in going through the Model Swings thread in hunt of a swing clip that closely matches the HLBB swing pattern. There was a thread here at DFP on that topic earlier. If that topic is of interest to you then hunt it down and review it.

OK. Lets do it this way. My DD would prefer to look at current or recent female fastpitch players as her "roadmap". Which female hitters would you recommend? If you don't recommend any of the female swings , then simply just say "none of them"

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
OK. Lets do it this way. My DD would prefer to look at current or recent female fastpitch players as her "roadmap". Which female hitters would you recommend? If you don't recommend any of the female swings , then simply just say "none of them"

Cyclone, I don't wish to review the Model Swings thread at this time. I have no interest in reviewing the thread in search of a good HLBB swing clip when there are thousands of good male HLBB swing clips readily available. There was a thread on the question you are asking here at DFP. Please hunt it down and review it.

Jan 24, 2011
Cyclone, I don't wish to review the Model Swings thread at this time. I have no interest in reviewing the thread in search of a good HLBB swing clip when there are thousands of good male HLBB swing clips readily available. There was a thread on the question you are asking here at DFP. Please hunt it down and review it.

Yes sir. I will do as told , sir. :rolleyes: Heck , what was I thinking asking about female hitters on a fastpitch site

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes sir. I will do as told , sir. :rolleyes: Heck , what was I thinking asking about female hitters on a fastpitch site

I'm still wondering about your thought process regarding your first question ... “What the heck is an ideal swing for a 10 year old , 14? 16? , etc.” I tried to explain that the swing is a "process", should not be strictly viewed as being age specific, that there is a roadmap, and one uses that roadmap in further developing their hitters. You now want a female swing clip to review and don't wish to hunt for the prior thread on that topic.

Jan 24, 2011
I'm still wondering about your thought process regarding your first question ... “What the heck is an ideal swing for a 10 year old , 14? 16? , etc.” I tried to explain that the swing is a "process", should not be strictly viewed as being age specific, that there is a roadmap, and one uses that roadmap in further developing their hitters. You now want a female swing clip to review and don't wish to hunt for the prior thread on the topic.

I get all that. The swing has to evolve with the level play in order to keep up. That just led me to ask if there are , in your opinion, any female hitters that reached that HLBB pattern that a DD could follow.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Havent looked for it. I asked you a question that you don't wont to answer. No big deal. I started a thread to get the opinions of others.

It's not that I don't wish to answer the question, it's that I want you to do some basic work on your own.

I hear you … it can be pain to review old threads … more so on certain websites than on others. The topic was covered with decent input from others … and one potential take away from the thread was not to get caught up in needing a gender specific swing clip. The thread had some decent perspectives, and given your questions I suspect it could be worth your time trying to hunt it down.

Jan 24, 2011
It's not that I don't wish to answer the question, it's that I want you to do some basic work on your own.

I hear you … it can be pain to review old threads … more so on certain websites than on others. The topic was covered with decent input from others … and one potential take away from the thread was not to get caught up in needing a gender specific swing clip. The thread had some decent perspectives, and given your questions I suspect it could be worth your time trying to hunt it down.

Look , Who cares what you want? I asked for your opinion on some female hitters , you don't care to give one. Ok fine. No problem. I will just ask somebody else their opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes