05 rocketech dying, what are my 2015 bat options?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
DD (Twin B) uses a 33 -9 05 rocketech. Barrel is borderline throw out, the pin holes have opened up a bit and twists just a wee bit.

What are my real options here? Twin A uses a 4B 33 -10 and twin B has been using it but doesnt really like it, but hits well with it.

She kinda liks the LXT, but only the 33 -10, which is too light for her. Tried the Mako...nada.

I have searched for and read several posts regarding this topic. But would like to update with whats coming out in 2015.

She is 5'9, 150 lbs... power hitter. For reference, my bat I use in practice is a 34 -9 08 rocketech, bit too heavy for her still....and seh hates the baby poop brown color...

Final point of thought...is a 26 ounce slow pitch bat an option?

Need some advice here. Thanks.

Moe

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sure, 26oz slowpitch bats can be used. Bustos used a slowpitch og Miken Freak before she got the huge name and exploded.
They also make 26oz FP bats as well.

To be honest, you can have people all day here tell you this bat or that bat just because they are fans of either or. Your daughter really needs to find some bats to swing and see what feels good to figure out what she likes. You seem to have a very wide array of ideas and need to start rounding them down...especially the right weight for her.

Im curious when you said she liked the 33 -10 LXT but its too light and you are asking about a 26. That's a huge diff there. A 3 ounce swing is monstrous when you are talking 23 to a 26.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD tried just about everything when we switched from her RF. Finally settled on a -8 Mizuno Whiteout. She went yard for #1 on the season with it today.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
@coresoftball She wasnt sure why it felt good...talking about night and day to RT.

The problem with demo bats is they never seem to be -8 or -9, play to the masses. THat is why we have so many Kinda likes and sorta likes I think.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
@coresoftball She wasnt sure why it felt good...talking about night and day to RT.

The problem with demo bats is they never seem to be -8 or -9, play to the masses. THat is why we have so many Kinda likes and sorta likes I think.

You are right, most demos are going to be what most kids swing. Tough to take a bat off the rack only to get used a few times. Hard to justify that. I meant about trying other players bats or going to a store to atleast try to start narrowing the weight needed down a bit.

Jan 24, 2009
If she likes the RT then...??? Not hitting well with it? New stamp issue with USSSA? Why not get a 33/26 RT, 2005 or otherwise?

(Yes, RT's are all -9, but they scale at 26.xx oz in 33")

Beyond the RT, consider the 33" -8's composites. SP bats are an option, but they are all 34", not the way to go IMO.

Dec 11, 2010
If a 33/24 Xeno with a receipt from last month sounds like it might work lmk. My dd wants to stay with the -10.

I have a 2012 and a 2007 RT too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi