“Who is your Daddy, and what does he do?”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Domestic and international freight broker. Solo parent. Every once and a while I can get sliding shorts or socks out of her dad but I mostly am able to support DD's game by incorporating with other events/holidays. Example $300 bat was a Christmas present. Her new batting gloves were for a good report card. If we travel she will earn money (usually by cleaning her older brothers room) so she has spending money for tournaments.

Her softball does come first.. the money I spend on her now is much less than bail money or supporting a pregnant teenager later.

And if I have to skip Starbucks to make ends meet there will be some unhappy folks around me.
She gets Gatorade, I get Starbucks :)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
City Building Inspector commercial and residential 15 years, Union Carpenter 25 years, car and motorcycle mechanic.
Helped coach softball and basketball with both daughters and son.

Currently give hitting lessons. Youngest 8 years old and the are all ages including some college girls.

Been awhile since I worked with a young small girl of that age, really have enjoyed it. 3 lessons so far.
Brings back some memories.

Straightleg

ps
Rdbass, you do septic?
;)

Yes,
You have read my post on the Tech hitting forum, right? Some say I'm full of.....(I kid)
Homer-working.jpg

I'm kind of like Homer simpson but, at a natural gas plant. I train workers at the plant.

Jun 24, 2013
I'm an agent for an unspecified federal bureaucracy by day and when I need money, I get it by playing all types of poker at night.
Yeah i worked for one of the Big 3 and I always had to keep it a secret. I felt kind of like a wanted felon because when people asked me what I did I had to answer evasively, lest give away my secret. OK so it wasn't really a secret but in the beginning when I mentioned it, the parents kinda said nervously "OK......" and started slinking away. No more play dates or sleep overs after that. I guess they thought I might start investigating them, so because it freaked people out plus 911 happened and I didn't want any weirdos getting any ideas that I might be important enough to be a target, I started keeping it a secret. It was funny though, people in the agency could read right through my evasiveness and determine that I was one of them. So on the rare occasion I met a fellow worker, I could disclose my occupation.

Now I do what I love and that is work on computers. I have coached my DD's since they were 4 in softball, T-ball, basketball, even tried soccer for one season. I still coach TB softball and TB basketball. I might have to go back and coach some rec softball as my young DD is a pitcher and she is going to need some mound time.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Yeah i worked for one of the Big 3 and I always had to keep it a secret. I felt kind of like a wanted felon because when people asked me what I did I had to answer evasively, lest give away my secret. OK so it wasn't really a secret but in the beginning when I mentioned it, the parents kinda said nervously "OK......" and started slinking away. No more play dates or sleep overs after that. I guess they thought I might start investigating them, so because it freaked people out plus 911 happened and I didn't want any weirdos getting any ideas that I might be important enough to be a target, I started keeping it a secret. It was funny though, people in the agency could read right through my evasiveness and determine that I was one of them. So on the rare occasion I met a fellow worker, I could disclose my occupation.

Now I do what I love and that is work on computers. I have coached my DD's since they were 4 in softball, T-ball, basketball, even tried soccer for one season. I still coach TB softball and TB basketball. I might have to go back and coach some rec softball as my young DD is a pitcher and she is going to need some mound time.

h55965424

Got it.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DW and I own an insurance agency. That career has paid well enough to afford the very high cost of our daughters. Oldest showed horses and youngest played softball.

DD is going off to college in a couple of weeks so we are selling the agency and following our dreams to do what we couldn't do while raising kids. I will be an over the road trucker and DW is going back to school for accountant.

Jan 25, 2011
I worked for NSA, well currently I'm stuck at an airport in Russia. But Waspeed02 and cmustangfp all ready knew that. Sorry got to go, been on line to long.!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I am a realtor so yeah that's why I can post so much here. Of course I can also be found working anytime between 6:30 am and midnight and on weekends. Just not in a row. My DW is a Physical Therapist.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA