- Older Activity
- 05-19-2017, 03:59 PMSoftball scholar replied to a thread If parents whine en masse, shouldn't they apologize en masse? in Coaching SoftballThat's exactly what I was thinking. Be cautious down by 4. If it was a one run game, then maybe parents could armchair QB. On the other hand, ...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-19-2017, 02:31 PMEvery play is different but the rebound off the pitcher to SS to 1B is normally a complicated play, and the SS has to always rush it. I think 99%...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-19-2017, 02:09 PMI also concur with Sluggers. Crazy parent, saying stuff, being nervous and pacing doesn't help DD. We've all done it, pacing and yelling. Its...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2017, 11:45 AMHypothetical situation with following poll questions: So were in the NCAA tournament: Lets say Florida is playing in the Super Regional, ...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2017, 09:05 AMThe problem with illegal pitching mechanics is that it is ingrained for years by young pitchers before they even get to college. And even in college...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 04:18 PMMaybe it will be like the hockey playoffs, the refs start calling more penalties once the playoffs start. Maybe at the NCAA tournament, umps might...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 03:24 PMI think with the camera challenge, It might regulate those homer umps "like Risball mentioned at Florida home games". If everybody is watching...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 02:59 PMI think the problem with calling illegal pitches is so difficult for the umpire to see them and identify an IP. The girls are moving fast, the...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 09:37 AMMy two cents: On my DDs high school team, the catcher calls the pitches. This has been good and bad at times. Sometimes she's great , and...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-11-2017, 09:14 AMI talked to a college coach this year and he was talking about being at an away game against a team in his conference. He noticed the 1st base...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-11-2017, 09:04 AMIn Softball, if you throw a fastball correctly, you're really throwing a dropball. Its a peel drop. Ive had coaches call for a fastball when by...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2017, 02:12 PMSoftball scholar replied to a thread how would i get piping added to a pair of pants? who does that? in Softball DiscussionsYou might be better off and go online to order another pair of pants with the piping on it already.3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2017, 03:00 PMI think a large majority of states play softball in the Spring. I know Colorado and Georgia Play in the fall. Iowa plays in the summer, which...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 02:08 PMThat explains it. You have a JV coach who just recently played college softball. In the College game if you aren't trying to picking pitches, you...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 12:51 PMSluggers, Would it be fair to say Monica Abotts fastball still has some top spin. Its not just a straight pitch?28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 09:03 AMKind of bush at the JV level. But eventually, catchers have to learn how to set up as late as possible. That's just part of being a good catcher....30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 08:48 AMI though Bill Hillhouse's analysis of this game is awesome. 1st: I love this strategic approach to calling games. I never pitched but my...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 06:39 PMBaseball At High Altitude Here's an interesting article from a scientist. He said due to the thin air, the magnus affect is 82% less at Coors...179 replies | 12140 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 06:14 PMKen, I disagree. I got a college coach saying it affects the riseball significantly. He says you wouldn't throw it. You hear about how balls...179 replies | 12140 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 06:10 PMI got science to back me up here. I pretty sure im right.179 replies | 12140 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 12:07 PMMy DD was at a college recruit camp, and she got a conversation going with a college coach who's school is located in the mountains at more than a...179 replies | 12140 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 11:57 AMMy point is that there's 3 ways of measuring this. If you look at my 3rd argument, it agrees with what you're saying. But my point is how...179 replies | 12140 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 11:17 AMArgument 1: If a pitcher releases the ball at 2 feet from the ground, and the ball hits the catchers glove at 6 feet from the ground, then...179 replies | 12140 view(s)
- 04-28-2017, 11:33 AMSoftball scholar replied to a thread Let's do a classy Friday Check in 4/28/17 in Being a Softball ParentThe weather man in Southern California has the easiest job ever.25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-28-2017, 10:02 AMSoftball scholar replied to a thread Let's do a classy Friday Check in 4/28/17 in Being a Softball ParentDD high school has a double header in Indiana this weekend in Indiana. Bad news is theres 100% chance of thunderstorms. I don't think mother...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-27-2017, 02:48 PMDD had good week. Started at pitcher against returning state champs and pitched a 3 hitter and we one 4-2. She had the game winning 2 RBI double...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 02:22 PMI live in Indiana. So we play in Il, IN, OH. Im all about having fun. You play better when you have fun. I think the key would be to have that...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 12:10 PMI have never seen walk-up music at a travel ball tournament, and I've been around along time. But my DDs high school does it, and its a real fun...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-25-2017, 10:55 AMSluggers, kind of staying on topic, but I'm focusing on your change-up comment. One thing I consistently see at the high school level is the...13 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
About Softball scholar
- Date of Birth
- September 20, 1969 (47)
"If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat these two imposters just the same". R Kipling
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 133 Times in 91 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 03:06 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 03:59 PM - Softball scholar quoted Sweet Lou in post If parents whine en masse, shouldn't they apologize en masse?Down 4 in the last inning you ...
- 02:44 PM - TMD quoted Softball scholar in post Scoring QuestionHow about this one. Routine high fl...
- 02:09 PM - Softball scholar quoted Dabears17 in post desperately need help!About 3 years ago Sluggers gav...
- 06:58 PM - Rocketech1 quoted Softball scholar in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadSo here's my proposal: why not give...
- 04:18 PM - Softball scholar quoted djcarter1966 in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadAt the beginning of innings no ru...
- 03:24 PM - Softball scholar quoted riseball in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadOk, yes an inch os so off the...
- 03:12 PM - riseball quoted Softball scholar in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadI think the problem with calling ille...
- 09:37 AM - Softball scholar quoted riseball in post Hillhouse and pitch callers...tup pitches. Riseball, I agree with you i...
- 06:10 PM - Softball scholar quoted DNeeld in post Does the riseball really rise???There isn't less gravity at...
- 11:57 AM - Softball scholar quoted GunnerShotgun in post Does the riseball really rise???Huh? Pitches aren't thrown on a s...
- 11:49 AM - GunnerShotgun quoted Softball scholar in post Does the riseball really rise???Argument 1: If a pitcher releases th...
- 11:17 AM - Softball scholar quoted DNeeld in post Does the riseball really rise???The most accurate descripti...