- Older Activity
- 06-22-2017, 10:17 PMAnd where is your data showing leaping isn't an advantage?37 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 07:06 PMIf you appeal it while the incorrect batter is still at bat, the correct batter is brought to bat and assumes the count. In order for it to be an...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 01:58 PMIf its of no advantage then why do so many pitchers do it rather than a legal drag? And how would anyone know if the pitcher is gaining an advantage...37 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 12:05 PMWarning or talking to coaches about illegal pitches NEVER fixes the problem. Until it is actually called and the penalty enforced coaches have...37 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2017, 05:27 PMShould have never happened because the umpire should have never accepted the lineup card as it was written. The DP must be one of the 1st 9 batters...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2017, 04:54 PMYes, if the batter out of order is not appealed before another pitch then #9's at bat is legitimized and #1 is the correct batter.15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2017, 03:20 PMIn 1 the out stands and Sally Smith is officially entered into the game. In 2 the at bat is negated and Jane is out for not batting in the proper...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2017, 10:17 AMComp replied to a thread Pitching - 2 questions (Hand Together & Deliberate Pace) in Softball Rules QuestionsSounds like you simply had an umpire that doesnt want to make waves, similar to umpires who refuse to call illegal pitches and claim the pitcher...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2017, 10:27 AMLooks like runner broke stride as catcher moved into basepath and not sure catcher ever actually has ball cant tell when or if she ever catches it. ...22 replies | 2989 view(s)
- 06-20-2017, 10:18 AMIt is the plate umpires call, the base umpire would have no credibility in making that call from 70-80' away and viewing from ground level. Some...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2017, 07:41 AMComp replied to a thread Restrictions on Courtesy Runner when using DP/FLEX? in Softball Rules QuestionsNo, in NFHS it is the same as USA, once a courtesy runner runs for either a pitcher or catcher they are locked to that position and cannot run for...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2017, 10:09 PMThey can run behind, they can run in front or they can stop short of the fielder. What they can't do is purposely time their crossing in front to...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2017, 09:47 PMWithout seeing it in person I have absolutely no idea. Yes, defense needs to play the ball and not worry about the runner. The runner needs to give...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2017, 09:26 PMHad to be there situation, fielder has right of way to field ball and runner must give the fielder they room they need to make the play. Without...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2017, 01:20 PMComp replied to a thread Restrictions on Courtesy Runner when using DP/FLEX? in Softball Rules QuestionsIf the DP is playing the pitcher or catcher position they are in fact eligible for a courtesy runner. That is going to depend on the rule set....11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2017, 12:34 PMComp replied to a thread Restrictions on Courtesy Runner when using DP/FLEX? in Softball Rules QuestionsIf that is what umpires are telling the coach then they need to go back and study the dp/flex rules. As long as the team has substitutes that have...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-18-2017, 12:36 PMRule says no more than 2 bats, an approved warm up bat or a combination not to exceed 2. Any attachement on the bat must be USA approved. NFHS...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-17-2017, 03:24 PMI have no idea why an age old rule suddenly needs to change. MLB did it in the name of time savings because their games take too long. Really? ...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-17-2017, 08:45 AMThe only bat weight I am aware of that is banned is the bat donut. There is no continuing taper in a softball bat like a baseball bat and they wont...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-16-2017, 01:18 PMYes, the batter/runner is awarded 1st base. Runners return to the last base touched at the time of the interference, but, there cant be 2 runners on...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-16-2017, 11:49 AMMalicious contact in NFHS is malicious regardless of who does it. If the offense does it, they are out and could be ejected. No way to call the...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-16-2017, 11:44 AMRunner being hit by a batted ball is considered interference. The ball is dead immediately, all runners return to the last base touched at the time...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-16-2017, 08:39 AMDid the umpire call the girl going to 2nd safe or out? If he called her safe and she left the base and went in the dugout on her own then she is out...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-16-2017, 07:33 AMUSA softball has no provisions for calling an out for not avoiding contact. Malicious contact is a term used in NFHS which does provide for calling...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-14-2017, 07:14 PMMy son was annoying my daughter one day, he was about 5-6 at the time and she was around 10. He was sticking his head in front of her face while...38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 03:39 PMIn USA softball, the count can be corrected up until a pitch is thrown to the next batter. There is a clarification about a batter who hit a home...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 08:41 PMMy comment is exactly what it says and was in response to a comment about the hands must come together and pause. There is no such rule, just as...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 11:23 AMNope, no rule. Best way to fix it, throw the exact opposite of what the runner on 2nd is telling the batter. If she signals an outside pitch, at...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 10:07 AMYou can warn the coach about unsportsmanlike conduct if you think it was done intentionally but doesn't change the fact the defense should know the...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 09:37 AMThats the problem with temporary collapsible fences and the rules regarding them. As long as she hadnt touched dead ball territory prior to the...6 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,263 Times in 766 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 01:21 PM
- Join Date
- 01:55 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Obstruction in college (or any other rule set for that matter)?...still interested in Comp answer to the questi...
- 03:29 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post 1st and 2nd 0 Outs, pop up hit 3 feet behind 1st base.Comp just curious on the...
- 11:21 PM - BadMonkeys mentioned Comp in post Obstruction on a routine double....batter-runner awarded thirdComp, If an umpire did ob...
- 10:17 PM - Comp quoted smddad in post illegal pitch story and questionYour argument falls under l...
- 09:56 PM - smddad quoted Comp in post illegal pitch story and questionIf its of no advantage th...
- 02:22 PM - MT 73 quoted Comp in post Interference or obstruction?They can run behind, they...
- 01:58 PM - Comp quoted smddad in post illegal pitch story and questionWhat, exactly, is the advan...
- 12:05 PM - Comp quoted Ajaywill in post illegal pitch story and questionAsk Comp about how this appro...
- 12:16 PM - Ajaywill quoted Comp in post Obstruction Rule...ing stride..... As Comp said, from this vide...
- 11:32 AM - Eric F quoted Comp in post Restrictions on Courtesy Runner when using DP/FLEX?No, in NFHS it is the sam...
- 07:41 AM - Comp quoted CoachJD in post Restrictions on Courtesy Runner when using DP/FLEX?This is the NFHS rule, too, ...
- 01:30 AM - CoachJD quoted Comp in post Restrictions on Courtesy Runner when using DP/FLEX?That is going to depend o...
- 01:37 PM - Eric F quoted Comp in post Restrictions on Courtesy Runner when using DP/FLEX?...the clarifications, Comp.
- 08:41 PM - Comp quoted martianr in post Pitcher with a fast deliveryThere is no rule where the pi...
- 07:26 PM - martianr quoted Comp in post Pitcher with a fast deliveryThere is no requirement f...
- 10:29 AM - Sparky Guy quoted Comp in post Pitching changeUmpire that doesnt know t...
- 10:07 AM - Comp quoted quincy in post Premature Walks and Advancing RunnersIf in the umpires opinion t...