- Older Activity
- 12-09-2017, 07:15 PMThe umpires would have to rule the fielder purposely got in the runners path in order to rule it obstruction. It looks to me like the ball was...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 01:14 PMBatter runner is not allowed to retreat towards home to avoid or delay a tag attempt. There is no rule against a batter/runner retreating in any...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 12:21 AMThe rule is simply saying you must physically have the number of players available based on what you are trying to do with the lineup. No you do not...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-04-2017, 11:55 AMSo what was the call? Dont really see a call in the video and you dont mention what it was. I see the umpire stick his left arm out, but he did it...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-03-2017, 10:08 PMThere has to be a play to interfer with. If your description of play is accurate there is no way it is interference with the ball that far away and...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-03-2017, 04:08 PMComp replied to a thread DD killed the golden goose and may have shot herself in both feet in Playing College SoftballDont forget juco's, plenty of very good players also come out of juco colleges. Forget the players name at the moment, but if memory serves there is...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-25-2017, 11:29 PMCorrection on the new USA rule. If I'm reading it correctly, in pool play any team member can be used as a courtesy runner for either the pitcher or...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-25-2017, 10:05 PMUsa has never had a last out courtesy runner rule, it has always been the courtesy runner must be a player who has not yet been in the game. Now,...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-25-2017, 08:55 PMCorrect, once a player has been used in the lineup they can no longer be a courtesy runner.8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-25-2017, 08:40 PMAnother clarification, the courtesy runner is for the position, not the player. If #12 is the catcher and #1 courtesy runs for them, then #1 can run...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-25-2017, 07:15 PMYour situation 1, as long as they are players that have not yet been used in the game you can use as many different courtesy runners for the pitcher...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-23-2017, 01:27 PMYep, like their one and only approved bat warmer. Every other association has banned any means of artificially heating a bat, but in USSSA it is...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-17-2017, 11:01 AMThen the umpires need to be more diligent in enforcing pitch time limits and time between innings. And I really do not see it adding any extra time...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-17-2017, 10:37 AMSo the question is, do you want untimed 7 inning games, or do you want a definitive tournament schedule with absolute drop dead time limits? You...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-17-2017, 10:25 AMI guess Im at a loss as to what people want. I see tons of bitching about time limits, playing the clock etc with regard to timed games but I also...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2017, 07:21 PMAny tournament other than national play they can do what they want, but if they are holding national qualifiers or national tournaments then they...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 04:24 PMMy apologies, must have misread it trying to respond from my phone.19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 02:26 PMYou stated the batter has ten seconds after the pitcher is on the pitching plate and that is not the rule. The pitcher, batter and catcher all have...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 03:13 PMBased on NCAA rule of 10 seconds from when pitcher gets the ball and using a stop watch I have the first 2 at almost exactly 10 seconds when she...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 01:16 PMPretty easy to remedy, as soon as she starts walking away say batter return to the batters box and then start counting to 10.19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 01:15 PMThe rule actually states the pitcher, catcher and batter all have 10 seconds to be in position after the pitcher receives the ball. It is not 10 for...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 08:06 AMI was actually going to say MLB had the rule, but I hate mixing baseball in with softball. And for the most part the rule seems to be ignored in MLB...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 02:21 PMUSA is the only rule set I am aware of that requires the batter to keep one foot in the box. I'm not particularly a fan of the rule, if the batter...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 01:04 PMThe batter has 10 seconds to get into the box after being instructed to do so by the umpire. There is no requirement for the pitcher to take...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 12:57 PMIts going to depend on if the NCAA umpires actually start calling illegal pitches. If they just continue as they have in the past, not sure any...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-12-2017, 04:33 PMYes, Im sorry should have stated that. If batter reaches base safely and any runners on base all advance at least 1 base then the IP is negated.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-11-2017, 09:12 AMHave no idea, probably will depend on if the NCAA umpires actually start calling illegal pitches rather than just ignoring them. But, NCAA rules are...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-11-2017, 08:38 AMOnly NCAA has made that change so far. No other rule set I am aware of has yet changed the penalty for the IP13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-11-2017, 07:55 AMNo the illegal pitch signal is not both hands over head dead ball. It is left arm out same as obstruction (delayed dead ball signal), verbalize...13 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,427 Times in 843 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 08:52 AM
- Join Date
- 02:55 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Obstruction in college (or any other rule set for that matter)?...still interested in Comp answer to the questi...
- 04:29 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post 1st and 2nd 0 Outs, pop up hit 3 feet behind 1st base.Comp just curious on the...
- 12:21 AM - BadMonkeys mentioned Comp in post Obstruction on a routine double....batter-runner awarded thirdComp, If an umpire did ob...
- 02:34 PM - MNDad quoted Comp in post USA Rule Change on Time LimitsAny tournament other than...
- 10:43 AM - marriard quoted Comp in post USA Rule Change on Time Limits... the previous games complete or you put a dro...
- 10:37 AM - Comp quoted marriard in post USA Rule Change on Time LimitsYes I know that. But 20 minut...
- 03:53 PM - Crabby_Bob quoted Comp in post When does the batter have to get in the box?You stated the batter has...
- 02:26 PM - Comp quoted Crabby_Bob in post When does the batter have to get in the box?Correct. I did not state the "...
- 01:15 PM - Crabby_Bob quoted Comp in post When does the batter have to get in the box?The rule actually states ...
- 03:13 PM - Comp quoted quincy in post When does the batter have to get in the box?I counted it a little bit a...
- 01:16 PM - Comp quoted TMD in post When does the batter have to get in the box?and then there's this......
- 01:15 PM - Comp quoted Crabby_Bob in post When does the batter have to get in the box?[NCAA] The pitcher has ten sec...
- 11:52 PM - MTR quoted Comp in post When does the batter have to get in the box?USA is the only rule set ...
- 02:09 PM - quincy quoted Comp in post When does the batter have to get in the box?I think the pentaly is a ...
- 01:51 PM - Lightning quoted Comp in post When does the batter have to get in the box?...to feel the need to comply. (These girls wou...
- 12:57 PM - Comp quoted JAD in post Illegal Pitch CallsI wonder if the NCAA ada...