- Older Activity
- 10-18-2017, 06:19 PMThe fielder needs to actually go after the ball. The play has no description of where the runner was at the time the fielder pulled up, only that...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-15-2017, 11:40 PMNot sure what exactly you mean by a free play to second. Obstruction is not an automatic one base award. If the umpires ruled obstruction, the...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-15-2017, 08:56 AMAn appeal play is not a force out, it is a timing play. A force out only happens when a runner is forced from a base by a batter becoming a...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-14-2017, 01:24 PMAnd the play I pasted is from March 2014 which would take precedence over the 2007 case play. Im not positive, but I believe the section of the rule...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-14-2017, 12:39 PMWhat rule set is that from?29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 01:43 PMIn your situation a runner going to a base is NOT expected to veer off. To be called for interference the runner must commit some act, and running...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 09:52 AMAnd in my opinion the NFHS and USSSA rule is only better for the defense to the detriment of the offense. USA recognizes the runner has most likely...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 09:28 AMYou say "chased it". Was the ball still within a step and reach from where she initially tried to field the ball?29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 08:11 AMThe reasoning behind the USA ruling is the runner cannot be expected to avoid a fielder who suddenly moves into their path because they missed the...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2017, 09:20 PMIf the school has other monies available, what difference does it make what pot the funds come out of? My daughter got essentially a full ride but...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2017, 03:07 PMThe usa rule is 8-7-J-4. The case play: PLAY: With R1 on 2B, B2 hits a ground ball to F6 who tries to field the ball and bobbles it. R1, trying...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2017, 02:09 PMDon't have my rule book on me at moment but the rule under interference says intentionally with a deflected batted ball. And the case play that goes...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2017, 12:14 PMThat is not what the USA rule and case play say. Once the ball is deflected the runner must do something intentional to interfere with the fielder. ...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2017, 11:59 PMUnintentionally carrying the ball into dead ball territory is a one base award, intentional is 2 bases.6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2017, 07:12 PMUSA rules and case plays say this is not interference, as long as the runner did not intentionally run into the fielder. The fielder gets one chance...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2017, 03:21 PMNo, if the fielder ends up in dead ball territory with the ball it is a catch and carry. Only thing for the umpire to determine is if it was...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2017, 01:44 PMThere are going to be some differences between rule sets. USA if the temp fence goes down it becomes an extension of the field and the fielder can...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-08-2017, 06:53 PMUSA rule 1, Appeal Play: A play on a rule violation on which an umpire may not make a decision until requested by a manager, coach or player.34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-08-2017, 04:43 PMHow many times does it have to be answered? Because its the rules, thats why. You cannot have an accidental appeal, an appeal play must be made...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-03-2017, 07:44 PMCollege ball is nothing but HS ball on steroids. Clickish girls, attitudes, demanding coaches etc. If they cant handle school ball they may be in...61 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2017, 09:11 PMI wasnt there and did not see the play so I have absolutely no idea why the umpire did not accept the throw to 3rd as a live ball appeal. Perhaps...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2017, 04:48 PMI already stated if it is unmistakable why the defense threw the ball to third it should be treated as a live ball appeal. Otherwise if there is any...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2017, 08:18 AMIf it is clear to everyone in the park why the ball was thrown to 3rd the umpire could accept it as a live ball appeal. The play described says...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 12:46 PMIn this situation it is actually a team warning and they get 1 for that offense. If the coach does it again, both the coach and the player are...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 08:21 AMComp replied to a thread Umpire interprets tournament rules with a bend towards soccer. in Softball DiscussionsHow injuries are dealt with is going to depend completely on the tournament director. I can tell you where I am located typical injuries are treated...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 01:13 AMIf it was a JV game it is most likely nfhs rules. No penalty as long as it was a legal sub. Player is entered into the game and coach gets a...7 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,395 Times in 821 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 12:57 PM
- Join Date
- 01:55 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Obstruction in college (or any other rule set for that matter)?...still interested in Comp answer to the questi...
- 03:29 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post 1st and 2nd 0 Outs, pop up hit 3 feet behind 1st base.Comp just curious on the...
- 11:21 PM - BadMonkeys mentioned Comp in post Obstruction on a routine double....batter-runner awarded thirdComp, If an umpire did ob...
- 06:41 PM - jjr quoted Comp in post Fly ball not caught for fear of obstructionThe fielder needs to actu...
- 06:30 PM - Eric F quoted Comp in post Fly ball not caught for fear of obstructionThe fielder needs to actu...
- 06:19 PM - Comp quoted Eric F in post Fly ball not caught for fear of obstructionThe simple explanation...On...
- 01:43 PM - Comp quoted Easton33 in post Interference?A step and a reach from initi...
- 12:18 PM - Easton33 quoted Comp in post Interference?And in my opinion the NFH...
- 09:52 AM - Comp quoted Easton33 in post Interference?The explanation you provided ...
- 09:35 AM - 2br02b quoted Comp in post Interference?You say "chased it". Was...
- 09:30 AM - Easton33 quoted Comp in post Interference?The reasoning behind the ...
- 09:28 AM - Comp quoted 2br02b in post Interference?I can see the logic in both...