- Older Activity
- 04-27-2017, 11:40 PMRunners can advance on first touch of the ball by defense. They do not have to wait for it to actually be secured.4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-27-2017, 03:55 PMAssuming the ball is in the circle with the pitcher when the runner turns around and takes a step toward 1st.17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-27-2017, 12:33 PMA walk is a live ball and no different than if the batter had hit the ball and put it in play. Nothing says she has to stop at 1st, she can run all...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-27-2017, 11:08 AMEven though the flex is not a batting position, they are still in the lineup. They are subject to the exact same rules as every other player, once...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-27-2017, 10:01 AMNo, once a player has occupied a spot in the lineup, that is the only spot they can ever occupy. A player and their sub may never be in the lineup...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-27-2017, 08:48 AMBroke my hand many moons ago and the doctor said I had to wear the cast for 6 weeks. After 3 the cast was hurting me so bad it had to be removed. ...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 05:41 PMOk, in replying to other comments in other posts I forgot about 3rd being ill. If 3rd cant bat and you have no subs then you have to take an out for...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 05:20 PMI already answered these questions. When the DP came in to play defense for 3rd base, as long as 3rd was not the flex player no on has left the...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 03:47 PMThe DP can play defense for ANY player except the flex and no one has left the game, it is simply a defensive position change. All players remain in...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 02:14 PMOk, in NFHS the coach can video tape from anywhere as long as it is dead ball territory AND they can even watch it live on a monitor and review it...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 02:09 PMYou can use it to score, dont get caught communicating with it.41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 01:48 PMWell, the NFHS rule book contradicts itself, the rule book itself says electronics equipment can be used for coaching purposes. But, when you go to...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 01:41 PM"For scoring purposes" are the key words. A camera is not a scoring device, and if it is being used for any purpose other than for scoring it is not...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-26-2017, 12:32 PMDid they confiscate all the cell phones from the parents in the stands? Do they post no filming allowed for everyone to see? Unless they make it...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-25-2017, 10:55 AMUnlike baseball and some types of obstruction in NCAA softball, the obstruction rule is not a punitive rule, it is simply to correct whatever the...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-24-2017, 04:04 PMHowever many bases the umpire judges the obstructed runner would have gotten as well as any other runners affected by the obstruction.7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-24-2017, 05:32 AMIve actually only had it happen one time in a high school game. The penalty pretty stiff since it is an illegal substitution, pretty sure that coach...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-22-2017, 05:41 PMYes any umpire should know the home team always gets a last at bat, that is my biggest gripe with tournaments that have drop dead time limits with no...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-21-2017, 01:46 PMOk thanks for the explanation. I was picturing a runner going in in a full body cross block rolling over and that is an illegal slide.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-21-2017, 12:46 PMWhat is a "rollover slide"?13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 04:24 PMGuess the Fagan's just cant stay out of trouble and the news.145 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 01:25 PMAnswered in post #13.22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 12:33 PMI have actually had it happen in a game I was umpiring. Bases loaded, batter takes off for first on ball 3. I clearly stated for everyone to hear,...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 10:10 AMYes, that is the game I just read about. I see no motion by the plate umpire sending the batter to first, she simply takes off. Protest should be...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:51 AMWasnt inferring I would rule interference, in fact I am with you Im not sure it was anything and the catcher probably shouldnt have been where she...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:27 AMJust read an article on this this morning. I see the coach is now claiming the umpire sent her to first. Have no idea if that is true or not but if...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:12 AMNot necessarily true. If the umpire ruled interference by a runner who had already scored then the runner closest to home is out. Since there was...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 08:30 AMThey will lose their protest, Im pretty sure there is even an NFHS case play covering this exact situation. As stated, the defense is responsible...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 09:25 PMGenerally speaking, on batted balls right around the plate it is recognized to be a very congested area. If both the catcher and the batter are...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 01:11 PMHigh school (NFHS) is the only rule set I am aware of that does use step and reach as part of their interference rule.12 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,148 Times in 694 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 10:23 AM
- Join Date
- 03:29 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post 1st and 2nd 0 Outs, pop up hit 3 feet behind 1st base.Comp just curious on the...
- 11:21 PM - BadMonkeys mentioned Comp in post Obstruction on a routine double....batter-runner awarded thirdComp, If an umpire did ob...
- 03:55 PM - Comp quoted quincy in post Rules about walks?If she overruns 1st, then m...
- 10:31 AM - corlay quoted Comp in post DP/Flex questionsNo, once a player has occ...
- 10:01 AM - Comp quoted corlay in post DP/Flex questionsin the case of a ill 3B and...
- 09:28 AM - corlay quoted Comp in post DP/Flex questionsOk, in replying to other ...
- 05:41 PM - Comp quoted inde53546 in post DP/Flex questionsOk. The 3rd baseman was ill an...
- 05:20 PM - Comp quoted inde53546 in post DP/Flex questionsThanks for the replies and I'm...
- 02:09 PM - Comp quoted quincy in post Not Allowed to Video my Team???Was I right for Once? Can ...
- 01:41 PM - Comp quoted 4 girl's dad in post Not Allowed to Video my Team???Agree wholeheartedly on the first...
- 12:56 PM - 4 girl's dad quoted Comp in post Not Allowed to Video my Team???Did they confiscate all t...
- 12:40 PM - quincy quoted Comp in post Not Allowed to Video my Team???do not allow electronic e...