- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 11:17 AMSimply throwing the bat is not an out, but, if the batter throws the bat and it interferes with the defenses ability to field the batted ball then it...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 03:11 PMI said, the coach has to get out of the way of the fielder attempting to make a play on the ball.34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 01:06 PMgamommax, interference not obstruction. The coach has to make way for the fielder to make a play on the ball.34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 10:58 AMFirst off, this was a college game and as I have said numerous times college rules have moved so far away from every rule set they should not even...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 04:13 AMFrom what I have been told, NCAA directly addressed the video of this play and has released a statement it should have been ruled interference. They...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2018, 01:09 PMNothing new about the rule, high school has always allowed the step back. The only thing that has changed is the step back used to have to occur...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2018, 11:56 AMThe umpire had nothing to do with the strike so why wouldn't it stand? Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2018, 11:28 AMCorrect call in all softball rule sets if the plate umpire interferes with the catcher attempting to throw on a steal or pickoff attempt. Any other...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2018, 02:07 PMIts not being put on the ball, but still technically illegal being the pitcher is not suppose to have anything on the fingers that comes into contact...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2018, 09:50 AMRec leagues can make any rules they want. USA softball used to have a different set of rules for 10U but dropped them about 10 or so years ago. ...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2018, 02:46 PMOf course I take into consideration the level of play. What may be normal effort for an 18 gold player is not good mg to be normal effort for a 10u,...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2018, 02:30 PMAlways remember, the rule is to protect the offense not give a free out to the defense. It is your judgement as to if it was catchable with normal...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-12-2018, 07:34 AMVideo is not useable so with both umpires having the same count and if they wont go to the official book not much that can be done.10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2018, 06:13 PMOnce more NCAA rules being completely different than every other rule set, but even then I don't agree with what some claim from the NCAA rule. ...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2018, 12:30 PMAgain, there is nothing new about the rule at all. Nfhs has allowed the step back for years,the only change that was made for this year was the step...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-09-2018, 12:51 PMThe step back is not a Texas only rule nor is it a new rule. Nfhs has allowed the step back for at least the last 15-20 years. The only change in...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-05-2018, 04:25 PMIf they are using the term for all conditions then I would agree the advice is misguided. But, my daughters hitting coach didn't use that exact...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-04-2018, 05:45 PMI did quite a bit of scouting of teams my daughter hs could be facing in the state tournaments they played in. I tracked the pitcher tendencies and...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-02-2018, 09:36 PMIt is how obstruction works in the sense that an obstructed runner cannot be put out between the 2 bases where obstructed. Once the obstruction is...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-02-2018, 09:17 PMI just continue to be amazed by the crap supposed umpires come up with. There are a few minor differences in the obstruction rule between nfhs and...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2018, 01:29 PMDaughters high school coach handed them all solo cups, spread them out across the infield and had them walk across it picking up all the stones.10 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,455 Times in 857 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 07:54 AM
- Join Date
- 01:55 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Obstruction in college (or any other rule set for that matter)?...still interested in Comp answer to the questi...
- 03:29 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post 1st and 2nd 0 Outs, pop up hit 3 feet behind 1st base.Comp just curious on the...
- 11:21 PM - BadMonkeys mentioned Comp in post Obstruction on a routine double....batter-runner awarded thirdComp, If an umpire did ob...
- 05:49 PM - Deleted Posts
- 02:57 PM - ang2bmd quoted Comp in post Umpire calls interference on himselfThe umpire had nothing to...
- 01:09 PM - Comp quoted Golfclubgreg in post Does this sound correct?DD came home from "voluntary" HS ...
- 11:56 AM - Comp quoted ang2bmd in post Umpire calls interference on himselfWhat happens to the pitch? I...