Zepp swing training

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I ordered it last week with a 20% discount. $119. Haven't received it yet. Code was PGF20% might still be good. Once I try it I'll post my thoughts.

Mar 24, 2014
I've seen other people using it while at our local indoor facility. I was able to see the output and looks like a nice product.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I use it with my team and it has had some nice upgrades recently. From the app, you can access the training videos on the Zepp website, and they are slowly getting more Pro Swing models (even though Finch is still the only fastpitch player). They added the ability to take video in the Zepp app when you are measuring a swing, though I have not had time to use that function yet. It's nice to have the metrics available to show the players where they can make improvements (and they get competitive with each other when you show them team mates' swings with faster bat speeds). I recently got a $50 LCD projector and a Lightning to HDMI converter so now I can show them their swings on the wall during our chalkboard sessions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I had one for about a week. I found it very difficult to really figure out what to do with the information it gave me. The "Pro" swing model looked so vastly different from the ones the girls had that it was going to take a lot of work to try and make them match up. With little to no information on how to turn the raw data into targeted training, I found the tool to be clever but not particularly useful.

Just Got mine the other day with the same PGF 20% off code. I tried it last night at DS hitting Lesson (Pay a hitting coach 50 bucks an hour to tell him the same thing I do! Ha) but I was really impressed with the info it gathers. Stuff I can't see well even on video. Like hand and Bat path and extension. Also Like the John Malle instructional videos. Not 100% sure on the accuracy of the #'s like bat speed at contact and time to contact from launch but it does seem consistent. There are a few things that can mess up the results. Have to indicate angle of bat at the load position and where in the box they set up. One thing I though was cool is that you don't need to stand there next to the hitter with the phone. I did that for the first 50 or so swings but after that I went and caught for DD and once I opened the app after DS was done with his lesson the other 60 or so swings transferred from the device to my phone.Did have a weird issue where it recorded the swings and transferred to the phone fine, I was able to review all 119 swings recorded but when I went back to the app today I could not find the swings. Player profile indicated that there were 119 saved swings but they did not show up in the app. Opened a support call with Zepp and within 2 hours got a response with a solution. So overall I am impressed.

PTC

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
As I said previously, I like it. The problem with mine was that it was showing contact occurring early in the swing, as if to be going oppo- but she was hitting off a tee by her front foot! They heard about it and replaced it right away.
I wish they had more softball hitters and Cabrera :). Jenny's swing doesn't look so hot.