you know you're addicted to softball when.......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
57- Wife has planned C-section scheduled for a Friday, so ask her to change it to Monday so you don't miss the last tournament of the summer.

58- You have a picture of DD competing in the hit-a-thon as a 19 month old.

59- This is your 3rd year as VP of rec league, 5th on board-- and only DD's 2nd year playing.

Jan 23, 2009
NE
60. Your 'romantic valentine weekend' in Ft. Lauderdale turns into a search for a possible tournament to see if softball in Florida is really that much different then softball in Nebraska.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
OMG It is so sad that I can relate to all of them. When I start getting funny looks from my coworkers, I can point them to this topic to show I'm not alone.

Apr 1, 2010
21. You will DVR a college game, and keep rewinding plays and call your DD in to watch them. (Do it all the time. I used to try to show her really good plays, but then I realized DD gets much glee from watching college girls make horrific errors, so now I make it a point to find those for her.)

22. Your co-workers' eyes glaze over the minute you start talking after the weekend. (And you know which co-workers used to play or who have children or other relatives who play, so that you can seek them out to go into greater detail.)

30. You consider upgrading your cooler each year b/c a newer model that looks more convenient for the days at the park has come out. (You buy a foldable wheeled cart and then go out to get a new small cooler which fits inside it. You also find yourself explaining the cart's features to people who stop you and telling them where they can purchase one.)

31. Your Google search history is dominated by any and all topics softball. (And despite personally having no softball skills whatsoever, you've surfed so much that you find yourself commenting in depth on various bats, gloves, techniques, etc.)

34. Every time you go shoe shopping for your growing DD, you always look at cleats first. (Doesn’t everyone?)

35. Your DD doesn't have a dress in the closet. (You quiz said DD about an upcoming choir concert while getting some items at Walmart. When she admits that they are supposed to dress nicely, you have her pick out a dress and shoes while you’re there. Eh, Walmart clothing is fine, it’s just for one concert… However, you would never dream of buying her bat or glove there!)

40. You have a sunburn in March and live in the midwest. (I ran into another Mom with my exact same sunburn: mid-thigh to knee, from sitting in the bleachers wearing shorts on the first warm tournament day.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole