WWYD: ethics of warranty replacement

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Don't know why they should care as it doesn't affect them one way or the other. A 30/20 costs the same as a 31/21 so what's the big deal? Even if you do intentionaly break the bat to move up in size the cost of the bat is the same either way, no?

Because of fraud. There are some people that would damage a bat, send it in and ask for a bigger bat to avoid having to buy the appropriate size bat for their DD. Sad but it happens. I worked in the Property & Casualty insurance business for 10 years and saw it happen all the time!!!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Because of fraud. There are some people that would damage a bat, send it in and ask for a bigger bat to avoid having to buy the appropriate size bat for their DD. Sad but it happens. I worked in the Property & Casualty insurance business for 10 years and saw it happen all the time!!!

Yes, they care about fraud and things are coming down the line shortly to try and curb some of the fake receipt stuff. Nothing you can do about breaking bats to get the return, thats always gonna happen. But dont feel too sorry for the manufacturer as, like I said, they figure in on a certain percentage of returns.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Yes, they care about fraud and things are coming down the line shortly to try and curb some of the fake receipt stuff. Nothing you can do about breaking bats to get the return, thats always gonna happen. But dont feel too sorry for the manufacturer as, like I said, they figure in on a certain percentage of returns.

Well right but if people are fraudulently returning them to get their kid a bigger bat doesn't that help drive up the price?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well right but if people are fraudulently returning them to get their kid a bigger bat doesn't that help drive up the price?

Oh, believe me, we are our own worst nightmare at times. Slowpitch guys are the worst with breaking bats intentionally and doing fake receipts. Customers have definitely helped drive the cost up because the manufacturers have taken into account returns when they put your price on bats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06