Wow! High School Softball Contract

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Goingdeep -

Change subjects a little, a team in my area (Mahomet) just played the world famous Munford High. They traveled to TN on spring break. No vacation for them other than a softball vacation.

They had lost a ton of Sr's from last year including their Div. 1 pitcher so, as expected, it wasn't much of a game(s).

I didn't get to make those games, my daughter had a double header of her own that day.

I just checked the box scores and was surprised. We ( MHS ) lost 5 seniors this year, all of which are playing college now.

World famous? That would be a pretty small world. :)

7 hour one way trip to play HS SB? That's dedication!!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2014
I don't think your assumption is anywhere near correct. We have a version of "poles" at our school and it is to run around either one or all three of the outfield fences and count the poles. By the way the number for all 3 is 72 poles.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The drastic change that school needs is to fire those coaches. And you are not going to justify that bullcrap because they win and get good grades. I can easily point to hundreds of schools in states, where that is not done because it is against the law, who still win. It is this board that argues the HS coach has little or no influence on whether the kids can play. I doubt they have any influence on the kids grades, as their understanding of what motivates and improves the performance of students or athletes is way off.

It is not up to the AD in our state how long practice goes; every school in the state uses the 2 hour rule, so maybe it comes from discrict level, but who cares. Even though I hate the limit, there should be limits on practice time, just like there is on the number of games. A lot of these rules have come in during the last few years, and more are coming. So overdo practice and conditioning as punishment and you will eventually get the rules in your state.

I want them to run poles in math class when they don't answer the math problem correctly or fail a test...

Please explain the bold sentence. You said that it is a state rule (No practice can exceed 2 hours.) and then you say maybe it came from the district level. I don't understand. What state?

Oct 18, 2009
OILF - I can't tell if you are serious. Are you saying they should be fired because they run practice more than 2 hours? I don't see anywhere that says they practice longer than 2 hours.

Or are you saying they should be fired because they have rules with consequences? Is it the consequences you disagree with? Or the rules? Or both?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut