Wooden bat for training???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
When my son first started playing baseball, I bought him a wooden bat to work with and he continued to work with them through high school. I liked the heavier, but balanced weight that you can't get from adding a hitting weight to a bat. He liked it because he said it had a smaller sweet spot and it helped him when he used his regular bat.
My question is, "Have any of you heard of anyone doing this with girls in softball?" I was going to buy my daughter the Jack-it speed trainer, which says you can use during batting practice, but I just wanted to see if any of you could weigh in with your opinion on using either of these to help my daughter get rid of her weenie arms.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
There are many Threads on here in the Practical hitting section that discuss using wood bats for practice. Just plug the words "wood bat hitting" in the search box above and you'll find them with ease.

Edit to Add: If you want to narrow it down further use "wood bat hitting training"

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Training with a wood bat is recommend by several on this site. My dd trainees with one during the winter. Dds normal bat is a cf6 33" -8 and of course the wood bat is the same length but is a -3 or somewhere around there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207