Why do girls stand at the front of the box?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
lhowser we live in one of the mens fastpitch hot spots. I have watched many of them pitch over the years. The movement is the key. Bill is one of the best putting spin on the ball. If you want to learn from two of the best in the sport attend a Bill Hillhouse and Dave Paetkau clinic. They are friends and enjoy telling about facing each other. Dave is listed as one of the best hitters to play the sport. I credit Dave in taking my dd to the dark side of slapping at 11. Dave will also explain how to hit Bill's riseball.

You know I agree, it is the movement not the speed. You know a good way to cut out some of the movement is move to the front of the box. Hahaha

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I have never had the pleasure of seeing a mens game live. fastest I have seen female FP at 66-68. that 74 in the CWS was amazing. I appreciate how the Bama girls could take a hit by pitch and just trot down to first. They've come along way since age 10 when a 29 mph pitch would cause total collapse and they would have to sit with mom in the stands the rest of the game.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I know Bill was kidding. I posted it for humor. He is on this site and might recall what he did to a volunteer showing his riseball 5 years ago around Lima Ohio. He told the person to wear a mask and I bet he is glad he did, ball went right over the glove and bing into the mask. It was funny, but I wouldn't want to catch him. lhowser Faultless had a mens fastpitch team in Ashland Ohio and many of the players I'm friends with. It was in todays paper about why the womens USA team has tryouts there and they play a DH this monday. Best female players in the USA will be at Brookside Park. Our current head of the ASA for this region played on that Faultless team.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
fastpitch.jpg
I have never had the pleasure of seeing a mens game live. fastest I have seen female FP at 66-68. that 74 in the CWS was amazing. I appreciate how the Bama girls could take a hit by pitch and just trot down to first. They've come along way since age 10 when a 29 mph pitch would cause total collapse and they would have to sit with mom in the stands the rest of the game.

Add this monster flying at you from behind it.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Okay ... now that made me laugh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball