Who wants the Friday check in? 8/19/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
Middle School softball tryouts next week. DD is likely P1/C2. Unfortunately the likely C1/P2 moved over the summer.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Doubtful. My guess is that this move - which includes moving his 04 DD up to 14U - will break her love of the game.

Yea, there's a girl on our current travel team that her dad was managing a travel team prior to her coming aboard. Well long story short she cries a lot when she makes a mistake or strikes out. Shes a sophomore at a D1 school too. Not sure if she is on varsity. Any ways she cries and pouts, then she made a comment on why she doesn't start? OR how come shes not always in the line up? That she always started with her other team....

Reality sometimes sucks. If my dd ever pulled that crybaby attitude, oh man it would be on .....

Jul 14, 2010
10 days till new team starts practices - realized this morning that we need to do some major weeding around the house and the heat wave has broken. Spent mulch $ on new bat and first pair of metal cleats for DD 2, and DD 1 is looking for new cleats as she starts her Jr year at college - she's gonna have to wait till Christmas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Last weekends middle school tournament got rained out, so they are in another tonight & tomorrow. One game tonight and the rest tomorrow, but again we have an 80% chance of rain for Saturday. Also for tomorrow DS has his first soccer game of the season. It's been like 5 weeks since DD was in a softball game, so she's ready to get going.

Feb 7, 2013
First tryout/practice for Maddie's 12U team tomorrow. A significant part of the team isn't returning, including both of our starting pitchers (one aged up, and the dad of the other one decided to start his own team). We have some big holes to fill. Fingers are crossed that we get some good talent at tryouts.

Eric - you probably already know this but for the SoCal newbies, I cannot stress enough how important it is for travel ball teams to have tryouts as early as possible in August. By the time the third week of tryouts happen, most of the talent is watered down and the better players have already committed to teams. For example, My DD had two different tryouts on August 6th & 7th (many got offers that weekend), they picked final teams on the 14th and already had their first practice earlier this week. One of the good players we picked up (2nd base) was going to attend a tryout this weekend at her older sister's TB org but liked our program and the girls so much she won't even attend this weekend's tryouts she was scheduled to attend. This is fairly typical.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DW moving DD1 into college. (Yea!) DD2 team is taking a short break from softball and has started MS volleyball already.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414