who is the best college pitcher in 2014?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
And there was much rejoicing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/enSYlCEz5VI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Creger, Escobeto, Renfroe, Traina... hard to choose!?!?
Creger looked really good yesterday! 18k's on 89 pitches over 7 full innings!

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Escobido is good but a change up once in a while might be a good thing. She also seems to give up a disproportionate amount of home runs. It almost seems like she gives up more HRs than singles.

Creger looked great in a game i saw but I havent seen her against a really good team yet.

I don't see a "best pitcher" this year. There are a bunch of really good ones.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Creger is very good, but you can't really compare her to Dallas Escobedo.

Creger isn't playing top 25 competition. The good hitters on the other Top 25 teams won't be swinging wildly at a rise. My guess is that Tulsa will win the regional, and then lose at the super-regional.

Mar 26, 2013
I also questioned the level of competition for Creger and she did very well in her only game against a ranked team - Oklahoma won 1-0 on a solo HR by Chamberlain. Still, her stats wouldn't be as good if she was facing strong teams on a regular basis, especially if they got to see her multiple times in a weekend.

My guess is Tulsa's chances of winning a regional are 50-50, at best. They need to get seeded in the top 10 to improve their chances.

Nov 30, 2013
I think I will go with Dallas Escobedo and her 16k's vs Arizona.

I agree with riseball.In the 2 games she pitched against Arizona she had 30 strikeouts in 16 innings.In those 2 games she threw 303 pitches with 192 of those being strikes.Dallas Escobedo is a machine! IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd