Which one would go farther?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Thanks JJ. Much closer to civil discussion.

So if the ball hits the sweet spot, grip doesnt matter much. Got it. If the ball doesnt hit the sweet spot, grip becomes very important.

Here is a real world series example of my hypothesis.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RmXOZtNjOew

This is exactly what I concluded in by backyard experiment. exactly

so to me the bottom line is to have a firm grip, not tight , not loose, most kids already squeeze to tight.

Last edited:
May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
Bat and ball speed are important factors. I bet ESPN hired good physicists to perform their tests. I have no problem going with their data. When it hits the sweet spot its gone! Did ESPN do any tests that didnt have the ball hitting the sweet spot?

I don't know. I also don't know how the numbers would change for slower pitch and bat speeds. Would the vibration rebound surpass the collision time?

Jun 11, 2013
After more than 500 posts on this subject it leads me to one question.

If you consider how you hold the bat at contact to not matter, is there anything you would change about the way you teach hitting?

ian

Jun 11, 2015
You have to start with a loose grip. The grip tightens at/just before contact, then loosens after contact. Right?

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I don't know. I also don't know how the numbers would change for slower pitch and bat speeds. Would the vibration rebound surpass the collision time?

I dont know for sure. I know if my 10 yearold boy swung a bat at 50mph and hit a 50mph fastball the results would differ from a 100mph ball fired at a free hanging bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves