Which is better the CF7 or CF8?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
Comparing apples to oranges. First of all, comparing different years is always going to be cheaper for the older bat. Second, you are comparing 2 completely different bats.
And you should be able to do much better on the '15 Xeno than what you said...hell, my 16's aren't much higher than that.

Do you have a website to check out your bats?

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Core is indeed the man when it comes to bat pricing. If he has it, odds are he has the best price on it.

I saw a CF7 snap off at the handle at WWOS last weekend. Not saying all CF7s are bad for that reason, but they do have a bad reputation around here. The CF8 in my (limited) experience does not seem to have the pop of a Xeno, but I'm sure some would argue the point. I don't think you can go wrong buying any of the big manufacturers top-line bats (Mako, CF8, Xeno/LXT).

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What about CF6 or CF7?

Based on reports by DFP'ers who are able to compare all the top bats side by side, the CF7 has been observed as being a definite under-performer in comparison with the CF6 and CF8. It may be the poorest performing CF-series ever.

As quincy noted, there is additional anecdotal evidence, too. Last year's Oregon Ducks team is one example. At the start of the season, they were all using CF6s (there might have been a CF5 still in the mix, too). At the start of April, I saw Janelle Lindvall being the first of the team using a CF8. By the end of the season, everyone was swinging CF8s. CF7s never made an appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207