Whats the call?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
Crazy game last night! Our team is playing the #1 team and it's a back and forth battle. After second inning their coach calls the blue over in front of my dugout and says he has a player who cant see and cant bat. I ask does she need to go to the hospital? He says no. He says to the blue will that be an out when its time for her to bat? She's last in the lineup and already batted once. The blue ask me if I want the out or her to be removed from the game? WHAT? I say if I have the option I'll take the out! (SERIOUSLY) So as the game gets down to the wire they have bases loaded with two outs and the girl with the seeing problem is on deck. Then we strike out the batter to end the inning. Now the girl is removed from the game. What a disaster!! So my question is: If a batter cannot bat, but stays in the game. Is this an out? :confused:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Crazy game last night! Our team is playing the #1 team and it's a back and forth battle. After second inning their coach calls the blue over in front of my dugout and says he has a player who cant see and cant bat. I ask does she need to go to the hospital? He says no. He says to the blue will that be an out when its time for her to bat? She's last in the lineup and already batted once. The blue ask me if I want the out or her to be removed from the game? WHAT? I say if I have the option I'll take the out! (SERIOUSLY) So as the game gets down to the wire they have bases loaded with two outs and the girl with the seeing problem is on deck. Then we strike out the batter to end the inning. Now the girl is removed from the game. What a disaster!! So my question is: If a batter cannot bat, but stays in the game. Is this an out? :confused:

Speaking ASA,

Unless she is the FLEX, if she cannot bat, she cannot be in the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom