What Would you Do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
The time and effort she spent pitching was not wasted. She had fun at the time.
I used to spend enormous amounts of time on hobbies I no longer pursue. So what? I had a blast at the time.

That is assuming she won't pitch again. Maybe she will. Maybe she will use this to rise to a new level. Or, maybe she will pitch again for some other team.

The important thing is for your DD to have fun.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I just wonder if she put in half as much time she might be clearly better than the other pitchers but, again, that's her call.

But, it is OK. At her age, she knows her ability and what she wants to do in softball. Trust her.

My DD#3 quit softball after her sophomore season in HS and concentrated on basketball. I thought she was nuts. Six years, she is holding the NCAA D3 basketball championship trophy. *AND* she got a BS in chemistry. She was thinking more clearly than me about sports.

Jun 7, 2013
^^^^probably this. It is just set up to be a bad situation. Does she enjoy the travel team she is playing on now? Is she the #1 or #2 on that team? Is that team competitive?

If she is in a good situation now I would not pull her just so she could play with some of her HS teammates. Unless there are other factors at plays, besides the HS dynamics.

She is (probably) #1 on a 16U A team that has just been placed in tier 2 for the state championship. This means that they are considered in the approximate range of the top 20-40 teams in the state. I say probably #1 because she is the goto pitcher in the championship games but the coach keeps trying to portray his daughter as the top pitcher. The coaches wife keeps the stats and, who knows? The better defense seems to be on the field when his DD is pitching. And his DD seems to get the easier teams to pitch against, though one can argue that my DD gets this draw because she's the better pitcher.

She is enjoying playing on this team and with the girls that she may be playing varsity with next year.

Nov 18, 2013
I wouldn't get too caught up in the politics of your team. Im sure you're hearing parents talking about who will start, where they'll bat etc. Just realize most of those girls won't make varsity. I know you lost several seniors, but the primary competition next year will come from girls playing on club teams. The key to your DD making varsity will be her off season training and you're on the right track already with that.

Jun 7, 2013
I wouldn't get too caught up in the politics of your team. Im sure you're hearing parents talking about who will start, where they'll bat etc. Just realize most of those girls won't make varsity. I know you lost several seniors, but the primary competition next year will come from girls playing on club teams. The key to your DD making varsity will be her off season training and you're on the right track already with that.

Thanks Roger for the consoling advice. We're very happy with the hitting instructor. What would you recommend for pitching?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kograd