What to do with little Hitler Newbie HS Coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2009
Last I knew I was not on trial here, but I will defend myself again.

Yes, I am going on perceptions I have ascertained based upon discussions with my DD and things she has talked about the interactions she and her teammates, and assistant coaches, and a discussion with another parent that has had interactions with this HC. I have not had any interaction or dialogue with this HC and have stated that numerous times. I will give her the benefit of the doubt but that I do have some concerns going into this and I have concerns about the state of the team moving forward. I have come here seeking ideas and suggestions on how to deal with this situation should it go down the path that I fear it is headed. Nothing more. I have not called for the head of the head coach on a platter as some would lead you to believe, those were the thoughts of others. The only word I could come up with at the time of this posting was Hitler for which I have apologized for. I have toned it down to the more politically correct T-word. Oh my! I think that may possibly # 58 for those who are counting. LOL

I really don't need to be personally attacked for simply seeking out ideas to help navigate this course in my DD's career. However when attacked I will fight back.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Cannon:
Adults can certainly be bullied by others through no fault of their own. If the other coach has hiring/firing/pay influence, can make your life hell for the few hours you are there, is the AD's crony, or can deny you things you need to be successful in your job, the bully has leverage. If you stick up for yourself (especially if younger or female no matter the bully's gender), you will lose your job.

Although I also question how a dad knows the AC's thoughts, ACs and JV coaches all talk about each other and often to anyone who will listen, precisely when the Varsity bully is not offering any channels to listen to them.

I thought the AC had gotten removed from Varsity already for talking too much, but what do I know.

OILF, I stand corrected. I guess I should have limited that to coaches I know. Personally, have been a HS coach now for 27 years total and HC in 4 sports. I was never intimidated/bullied because I wouldn't allow it. I kind of have a reputation. So, again, I stand corrected and you are right in that others might have it happen to them. FYI, I hired assistants like me so it got exciting at times. LOL

Nov 29, 2009
SBD97,

The one thing I can't recall being mentioned here is the HC's softball background? Did she play at a high level? Did she play in college? Is any of that information available about the coach?

You did mention she was a VB coach prior to being a SB coach. Is VB where her background originates?

Oct 27, 2009
SBD97,

The one thing I can't recall being mentioned here is the HC's softball background? Did she play at a high level? Did she play in college? Is any of that information available about the coach?

You did mention she was a VB coach prior to being a SB coach. Is VB where her background originates?

It is my understanding that she has played in college however it was a smaller mid-western school and not sure if it is a division one school or not. She was a JV coach for a couple years and Varsity Assistant for another school. I truly hope she is a great coach and that some of the girls are just overreacting however I fear that is not the case. It is not a mater of the girls dreading hard work. My DD is not one to overreact to hard work, she rarely misses her HS voluntary conditioning and is often singled out for doing the drills correctly by the AC. Unfortunately from what I have gathered so far is that it comes down to a matter of people skills with this coach and her abrasive personality. I sure hope this is much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1