What to do with little Hitler Newbie HS Coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2013
Cannon:
Adults can certainly be bullied by others through no fault of their own. If the other coach has hiring/firing/pay influence, can make your life hell for the few hours you are there, is the AD's crony, or can deny you things you need to be successful in your job, the bully has leverage. If you stick up for yourself (especially if younger or female no matter the bully's gender), you will lose your job.

Although I also question how a dad knows the AC's thoughts, ACs and JV coaches all talk about each other and often to anyone who will listen, precisely when the Varsity bully is not offering any channels to listen to them.

I thought the AC had gotten removed from Varsity already for talking too much, but what do I know.

Feb 26, 2013
I know of quite a few college bound Seniors that have a significant knowledge of the game well beyond that of their HS coaches. Regardless of timed vs full 7 innings games, some antics clearly show a lack of coaching knowledge. Consider the following samples from Olympia HS in Orlando Florida:

1) A first out at 3rd for pretty much any reason. This is a regular occurrence.

2) Calling time out to appeal a runner leaving 1st base early...on a lead off.

3) Down 6 runs in the 7th and having your best hitter sac bunt to move a runner from 1st to 2nd base.

4) Berating a signed D1 Senior for not running to 2nd when she hit a walk off shot into the gap in LC. Then standing there obviously confused not knowing that here team had finally won a game.

5) Standing outside the dugout telling her team to go back on defense after her team was just run ruled. Not once but so far twice this season. Parents watching her as opposing team scores...wait for it... "what happened".

The list goes on. Yes there are some competent HS coaches but many are totally clueless. If your DD has a great HS Coach then you are truly blessed.

I forgot to mention the former HS Head Coach that told the girls they needed to have a field work day to put dirt in the circle to create a raised mound.

This is completely uncalled for. From what I understand this is a young teacher with a love for softball and also credentials in training. Would you want this posted about your kid at that age? So she's still learning. Wow.

Second, I would need to know more info on some of these situations and the context.

I would berate someone for not running to second, and make a diva hitter bunt for attitude and other reasons and the other situations are so minor who cares. If the young coach can't speak up and ask the ump for help or be herself out loud, then how does she learn? What you want all old guy parents coaching, that would be a mess?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2009
Nothing but name calling. What is that, about 57 "tyrant" references by now? The coach is a tyrant. The coach is a bully. But you haven't provided one example. Not one.

Thanks for your two cents 29dad. Now I know who will keep a running count. Thanks for attacking my character.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Absolutely agree with you that in the absence of firsthand knowledge it is hard to know what is going on. The coach I was referring to took over a very successful program that was built by TB coaches. Last year she was successful riding on the coattails of some exceptional pitching. Those pitchers have graduated and now she is on her own and the program is floundering. Sometimes you need to give people the rope to hang themselves. The best advice I could give the OP is to encourage everyone to follow the lead of the coach and see what shakes out. They may be surprised at the results. Or in the alternative they will have enough to make a case for removal of the coach. Unless the coach commits some grievous offense the AD will not remove them mid-season because they are not popular. However, after a poor season the AD may be open to making a switch. They should encourage the AD to attend as many games as possible to see first hand what is going on.

Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for your two cents 29dad. Now I know who will keep a running count. Thanks for attacking my character.

That's rich. You've done nothing but tear down the HC for your DD's team, but you're upset about someone "attacking your character." Is your irony meter busted or something?

The funniest part is the guy didn't even attack your character. He just asked for details about the story.

Oct 27, 2009
That's rich. You've done nothing but tear down the HC for your DD's team, but you're upset about someone "attacking your character." Is your irony meter busted or something?

The funniest part is the guy didn't even attack your character. He just asked for details about the story.

Maybe you should read his/her post again

Nov 15, 2013
Maybe you should read his/her post again

Post #65 to be specific

Maybe you should read it again. Post #65 was the specific post to which I was referring. There was not a character attack in that post. He merely pointed out that you have made a number of accusations about the HC without providing a shred of decent evidence. "He's a tyrant." "He's a bully." How about you quit labelling the coach and tell us some specific things he has done and let us make up our own minds about what labels to apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1