What position do you play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is trying out for a Team and the coaches asked her this question. Her answer was “Anywhere but catcher”.

Apparently all the players said a specific position, all an infield positions except for 1 player who said 2nd or OF. I play SS or 2nd, etc.

Besides pitching 1st is her favorite position but she will happily play any position on the field and do a fairly good job.

Is there a right answer to this question?

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
A few times, the first day, I just said " Go take your position!" I liked to see a girl that would go tearing for the spot she wanted. Most just stood and looked at me.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD would look at you strange too, who is this crazy lady and what is she saying?

She is quick so she would get somewhere once she figured it out. :)

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
If she truly has no preference, that would be the right answer, and never a wrong one.

I wouldn't want her to pass up an opportunity to express a preference if she has one, coach may never ask again:
"First is my favorite, but I'll play anywhere but catcher."

May 24, 2012
A few times, the first day, I just said " Go take your position!" I liked to see a girl that would go tearing for the spot she wanted. Most just stood and looked at me.

When my DD was asked to go to her favorite spot, she ran got a bat and stood in the batters box!!! Her coach started laughing and came to talk to me after the incident. He stated this was a first for him and he had been coaching for 12 years!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
DD is trying out for a Team and the coaches asked her this question. Her answer was “Anywhere but catcher”.

Apparently all the players said a specific position, all an infield positions except for 1 player who said 2nd or OF. I play SS or 2nd, etc.

Besides pitching 1st is her favorite position but she will happily play any position on the field and do a fairly good job.

Is there a right answer to this question?

Joking aside, he is probably planning out positions, so just being honest is the best bet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp