What is the best glove for a small hand?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 11, 2013
My Daughter is 14 and has short, fat fingers. She is a Utility player that plays both infield and outfield and is currently using a 12" Akadema glove. There are times when she has a hard time squeezing the glove to keep the ball from coming out and it is very well broken in. What is everyone's opinion on a make and model glove to fit a small hand with chubby fingers? I don't mind spending the money on a custom glove, if it would be the best fit.

Thanks for your input!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Had Casedawg here make my DD a custom Vinci. It's a 12" tan kip leather with a black H-web. It was built off of a JSJS 12" frame/model. It has a really small, tight hand stall. Fit real snug on my DD's hand and she has small hands also. Instead of going the custom route, pm Casedawg and discuss ordering a standard JSJS Vinci.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
If she is an IF I'd recommend the Worth Century 11.75 with H pattern. DD has this glove. It's light weight, the pocket forms great and will give her a couple of years of constant use. She will be able to play confidently with it in a month.

Worth Century

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd