What is in your trunk/truck?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2008
Tire chains (had to cross a snowy pass for a tourney a few weeks ago)
coaches bag
3 ball buckets
Throw downs
2 kids bat bags
Bottled water
Jugs popup net
Box with extra uniforms and T-shirts
The kid's cleats
Bag of lite flights

Jan 23, 2009
NE
As a family of 6 plus the head coach our Honda van wouldn't hold us so I have a 4' x 5' by 20 inch deep covered and lockable trailer to hall everything.

Van
Me, wife 3-4 my kids (depends if the 3yr old is going or staying at gmas)
Usually a player we took along as parents have work and will be coming later
2 - sleeping bags or blankets
numerous kids games to keep them busy
3yr olds, glove, bat, T, 2-3 balls
Small cooler with drinks
Backpack with my binder and all the papers, score book, white board for line up, blue plastic folder for more paper, pencils, pens, ASA manual, ASA insur cards, seeds, gum, water and other stuff.
Wifes "purse" with purse things, jerky, oranges, gum, seeds and other reasons not to look inside.
If overnight stay my laptop to keep up on discussion board stuff

Trailer
Bag with 2 full sets of catchers gear, 3 bats, 6 x 8 ft tarp to block wind and sprinkles especially the other night when it was 45, spitting rain and 15mph winds.
DD's bag with glove, helmet, 3 more bats, 3-4 game balls, extra chin straps and First Aid kit
Bucket with balls (ice cream bucket with 24 Jugs small balls inside bucket)
pop up net
portable canopy
3-4 chairs
Cooler with more drinks and depending on the park if they allow outside food - fruit and other makings for lunches

Attached on top the front hitch area of the trailer is a metal garden wagon that collapses flat and is strapped down - I use this to load all the equipment, chairs, coolers on and pull it easily on the big air tires around the complex.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
So far, I think I'm choosing to go to the next game w/ Bishop - he's got the grill! Initially, I thought I could ask to borrow some of those Jamaican plates people have to put food on, but I think I now know what they are!

I don't dare open my trunk to inventory - there's an unfolded Jugs net in there waiting to attack the next one who opens it!

GM

Sep 3, 2009
Hmm.... jugs net, my dd's catchers bag, her "other bag" with bats gloves etc, 2 or 3 loose practice bats, my glove, my sons baseball gear bag, and miscellaneous loose baseballs and softballs (drives me nuts), at least 2 pairs of dirty cleats, oh and a cooler.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
In IL. I used to carry everything with me, too. But, after a few trips to Phoenix and stories of complete trucks getting stolen, I don't leave stuff in there.

One late night we were at a hotel near Rose Moffard diamonds and I asked DD if she had brought her ball bag in. She says "no."

So, I go over in my mind - the bag, Ringor cleats, 2 gloves, water bottle, uniform, an RT, an Evo, a Catalyst, helmet, sliders, compressions pants, etc. I got up and went and got it.

Sep 3, 2009
In IL. I used to carry everything with me, too. But, after a few trips to Phoenix and stories of complete trucks getting stolen, I don't leave stuff in there.

One late night we were at a hotel near Rose Moffard diamonds and I asked DD if she had brought her ball bag in. She says "no."

So, I go over in my mind - the bag, Ringor cleats, 2 gloves, water bottle, uniform, an RT, an Evo, a Catalyst, helmet, sliders, compressions pants, etc. I got up and went and got it.

Amy I do the same thing... Let's see, nokona mitt, phenix bat... yeah, "get your little hiney outside and bring that bag in!" :D

Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
2009 Honda Pilot

2 popup nets
1 bucket pitching balls (newer ones, for princesses' grip)
1 bucket hitting/fielding balls (everything else)
1 bucket 12" whiffles
1 bag (100) tennis balls
DD's bag--glove, cleats, sleeves, visor, sunglasses, bats
team bag--1`set catcher's gear, my glove, throwdown bases, tee, 50 whiffle golf balls
First aid kit (with ibuprofen and tampons)
1 case water bottles
"Extra" bag--extra visors, jersey, pants, socks, sunglasses, sunblock, cleats (yes, I carry extra cleats. size 9 seems universal)
scorebook, pitching charts
foldup chairs for DD2 and Mrs. D
6-10 bags of seeds
2# bubblegum (unchewed)
Player bag from whoever we are hauling this weekend
Blood Pressure Medication

Still lobbying for the trailer.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2010
1 bucket pitching balls (newer ones, for princesses' grip)

DD: Is this a Dream Seam?
Me: Yes
DD: Can't read the lettering
Me: It is a Dream Seam
DD: Seems old, are you sure?
Me: [SIGH] Lift up bucket top, pull out ball with Dream Seam lettering clearly visible, throw back
DD: Much better

Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ
"Team bag" with 2 sets of catchers gear
DD's bag
Son's bag
6 gallon bucket of softballs
Box of league issued game balls
5 gallon bucket of baseballs
Pop-up net
1/2 - case bottled water
Travel bag with extra socks, towels, etc
Somebody's glove...not sure whose
2 Cisco routers (Sometimes I actually have to work :eek: )
1 spinning rod, 1 baitcaster, small tackle bag... Some of these parks have nice ponds :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA