what do you do about shoes?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
My DD uses Boombah turf shoes and practices in them 6 days a week now that school ball is starting and they have held up since October without any show of wear or tear. They were pretty cheap around $50.

Dec 19, 2012
DD has decided to learn how to catch. The team lost a catcher mid way this year and since DD has caught for her sister in pitching practice some, she stepped in to learn the ropes for the team in case we ever needed back up. To her surprise she REALLY likes it. So, we have been attending some of the catcher only practices and clinics the team has. She's been doing a good amount of indoor practice lately. Since then, I've noticed she has absolutely ruined her new running shoes. The toes are completely worn off. I attribute this to when she goes on her knees to throw or block, her toes are grinding into the turf. I tried to buy her a cheap pair of running shoes at Target and she hates them because they don't have the "look" she want's (tween girls:p).
What do you all do for indoor shoes? Is there such thing as turf shoes that have a better toe for catchers? Also, what about cleats for outside?

disclaimer: I also have a pitcher in the family and she wears out her running shoes but is not as vain as her sister and will wear what I get her. We've been buying the Under Armor Molded cleats in bulk when they go on sale (because they are cheap)... Looking for more options

thanks!

For indoor practices use old shoes with duct tape in the wear areas. For outside, my dd's best cleats for this was the Ringors with the pitching toe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles