Turf shoes or molded cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For playing on turf, do your daughters prefer molded cleats or turf shoes? I find turfs can slip more than molded if the turf gets wet.

What say you, DFP?

Jun 8, 2016
For playing on turf, do your daughters prefer molded cleats or turf shoes? I find turfs can slip more than molded if the turf gets wet.

What say you, DFP?
Dufus Dog likes turf shoes, which is fine I guess since they rarely play on turf and the turf shoes can be used indoors, but I have the same opinion you do regarding slipping..She will complain if she has a grain of sand in her shoe but slipping on the field doesn’t bother…I give up.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022
We used to wear turfs but the latest offerings from ringor and new balance aren’t grippy enough for her liking so we went back to molded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 15, 2021
Not all turfs are created equal. My DD pitches and likes turfs when playing on artificial surfaces. However she really only likes the Nike turfs that have the spikes on the bottom and give more grip. Some turfs have small shallow nubs that offer little grip.
Turfs.jpeg

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Not all turfs are created equal. My DD pitches and likes turfs when playing on artificial surfaces. However she really only likes the Nike turfs that have the spikes on the bottom and give more grip. Some turfs have small shallow nubs that offer little grip.
View attachment 26683
My daughter has gargantuan feet, so Nike don't work for her. We usually go with New Balance women's in an 11-11.5 wide or a Baseball one in 9.5.

She told me old style Astroturf indoors is no problem for her turf shoes. The problem is the newer rubber pellet filled turf you see on most fields. I guess I'll just get a pair of molded cleats and slap some Tuff Toe on them.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
My daughter has gargantuan feet, so Nike don't work for her. We usually go with New Balance women's in an 11-11.5 wife or a Baseball one in 9.5.

She told me old style Astroturf indoors is no problem for her turf shoes. The problem is the newer rubber pellet filled turf you see on most fields. I guess I'll just get a pair of molded cleats and slap some Tuff Toe on them.

Thanks for the input.

This is what DD uses for turf. We don't really have anywhere locally that uses the more tight/carpet style of turf. So the molded cleats work great.

The only time she uses her turf shoes is during practices in facilities that utilize the rubbery mat material.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles