What do I Mean

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
AaaaHuh?hummm...moment
1.gif
PC3.gif

A 4 seam grip leaves little finger on the seam and very little finger actually on the ball since the seam raises the finger surface off the ball. When you have short fingers that matters.

"once a young pitcher gets the feel of the rotational release....especially if it had to be taught...and taught...and taught..."~FR
consider it coined :cool: & contemplated >>>

"The revelation of the rational of RR must be received by the rookie, & when they respond with their rigid rendition's...reinstate the recompense of its rewards, only then can they be routed into the redundant rituals of reps as the re-medial remedy towards the realization"~[^/PC].... (C) Re-Medial Rotation

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Bm, in your vids on the first page one of them shows the tape spinning 6/12 and the other shows it spinning 3/9. Are you holding the ball differently or putting different spin on them?

Your shots are very clear, is that your software or camera(could you elaborate please)?

Thank you for your time and for another excellent thread.

Jul 14, 2008
Stand, they are both spinning close to 6/12, so I'm not sure what you think you're seeing..........

This one is spinning this way from this view:

35k1gd0.gif
29bkard.gif

This one is spinning this way from this view:

11qpo5u.gif
14133md.gif

Jul 14, 2008
I had a couple of people ask me to post live video of me making these quick clips..........

Here's a couple...........

In this one I was trying to get the ball as close to the camera dude as possible without scaring the crap out of him.........He's leaning against a concrete wall with no where to run!........ROFL

[video=youtube_share;NjeqXGG6f9M]http://youtu.be/NjeqXGG6f9M[/video]

2i6do5c.gif

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2008
He asked me not to do that again..........LOL!

This is the clip I used in the first post........

[video=youtube_share;JmY9ib0Ws0Y]http://youtu.be/JmY9ib0Ws0Y[/video]

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I'd really like to know how you get videos with a clear image of the hand at release as well. I've been trying to find a camera that will give me something clear(ish) without breaking the bank and so far I can't find anything. I made the GoPro guys' life miserable at a BestBuy today. Believe it or not I brought my computer and had him capture a video of DDs motion in the middle of the camera dept so I could download it and look at the results in Kinovea. At 120 FPS her had was still a blur. We tried the burst mode on the camera and her arm was invisible. Believe it or not the best results I've had so far are on a cheap point and shoot Kodak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi