What are the thoughts on the insider bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I saw that... But they have no video or explanation for it. How to use it and so forth.
It's a connector device that works based on muscle memory. Traditional connectors are designed to keep the elbows spread by a bar type assembly locking the elbows in a fixed spread position. The drag buster is different in that it forces the batter to use muscle to maintain the spread. It has an elastic band that pulls the arms together. The batter must now use muscle to keep the correct posture. After a few dozen cuts with it on, it's automatic. The batter now goes right into the correct posture without any thought, due to the newly found muscle memory established. It's like magic on a long casted swinger! After one lesson the kid looks completely different.
I use both connectors as a part of our routine.

Jun 18, 2010
If you read the promo they basically claim its fool proof. Just pick it up and swing. I can see where this would help with elbow ahead of hands and possibly lunging. I have also read that it can be a very bad tool in the wrong hands?

What is the main thing to focus on or avoid when using this tool?

With the construction of the handle and the hitting surface, it promotes pu/pd at contact.
If your DD has a problem with casting or rolling her hands early this device might help.
It also provides instant feedback when you observe the behavior of the struck ball.
We use Jugs Lite Flight balls off of a tee periodically when DD gets "arm-y" with her swing.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Can you direct me to a video...or I may just take your word for it and purchase.

If you're talking about the elastic band thingy around the elbows, one of my DD's stretched-out hair bands does the job for free. Another cheap option would be to go to your local fabric store for a short length of wide elastic, and sew/staple/tie it into a loop.

Which reminds me, it's time to put it back to use.

Apr 1, 2013
I use one of these with my team and think it promotes a better swing BUT its tough to transfer from insider bat to regular bat. Muscle memory helps them transfer but the contact point is much different between regular bat and insider bat. My opinion.

May 3, 2014
Not a big fan of these - have used them with students.

The very thing it promotes - staying inside - will not happen with this gadget.

There is insufficient weight at the "barrel" end of this to promote staying inside.

Also - the contrived handle grip keeps the wrists from functioning as needed.

The device promotes a hammering action of the front wrist and keeps the front forearm from supinating into contact. Not what happens in a good swing.

It is not about the hands staying inside - it is really about how the bat head approaches contact. From the inside. Not around.

Aug 30, 2013
Not a big fan of these - have used them with students.

The very thing it promotes - staying inside - will not happen with this gadget.

There is insufficient weight at the "barrel" end of this to promote staying inside.

Also - the contrived handle grip keeps the wrists from functioning as needed.

The device promotes a hammering action of the front wrist and keeps the front forearm from supinating into contact. Not what happens in a good swing.

It is not about the hands staying inside - it is really about how the bat head approaches contact. From the inside. Not around.

Not if use it like Miggy would be using it here...

image015.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414