What age?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
I'm the fool that catches a 55 and a 60+ about 4 days a week with no gear. mostly the only bruise that I've got is the one on the bone below my index finger on my catching hand. The one bit of advise that I can pass on only use a flat plate. not the ones that are a little thicker, by flat the ones I mean are normally white really floppy and no thicker than a credit card. all the thicker plates have a leading edge that makes a great ball launcher. I will work without one before I use the more common thicker plate.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I got hit a couple of years ago on the inside of my shin on my left leg. It left a bruise that remains to this day. I keep telling my DD that it is a blood clot that will eventually kill me. She thinks I'm kidding. :D

Jul 17, 2012
Well....I broke down and ordered a mask tonight as I sit here holding the ice pack on my freshly broken nose. She's doing REALLY well with the newly learned Drop-Curve.. No control over it yet...but man does it have a sharp break to it!!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Well....I broke down and ordered a mask tonight as I sit here holding the ice pack on my freshly broken nose. She's doing REALLY well with the newly learned Drop-Curve.. No control over it yet...but man does it have a sharp break to it!!!

Just dayum!

Jul 17, 2012
yup...Looked like it was gunna short hop on the inside corner of the plate and then dove and bounced 4 feet out in front of the middle of the plate....then the lights went out.... Looked like a scene from Friday the 13th... blood everywhere.... I did my usual move to the side to get my face out of the way....but you know what happens to a ball when it hits the ground that has that much spin in that direction? Yeah..you guessed it... I leaned right into it.

New pitch for her throwing...new pitch for me catching!!

So moral of the story.... FB's and Change ups... you're OK with no gear... movement pitches... especially those with little to no control... gear up!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2013
PacNw

OUCH! At least you weren't spittin' teeth!

Dec 7, 2011
FR - I feel for ya man. Heal well my friend.

Be jealous y'all - This final senior year for DD there is the new sporto-boyfriend involved now who wants to take my bucket job away from me!!!! I MAY have a season of no seamed-bruises!!!!!

;-)

Jul 17, 2012
FR - I feel for ya man. Heal well my friend.

Be jealous y'all - This final senior year for DD there is the new sporto-boyfriend involved now who wants to take my bucket job away from me!!!! I MAY have a season of no seamed-bruises!!!!!

;-)
One in the shin and I have a feeling you'll get your job back

Oct 3, 2013
Thank god I was wearing a mask tonight. Ball deflected of the top of my mitt tonight and hit me right in the left eye. This was the first time. The mask is worth it IMO. Now I am a believer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch