What a Sunday morning

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2012
Finally happened my DD put one over a 200' fence, 13yr old playing 1st yr 14u, she also was pitching that game it went 9 innings, we looked at the book later she faced 46 batters with no walks and no hit batters (she usually good for at least 2 in a game) that was a good day. BTW yes they did win, second game we won't go in to details, they were tried.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Congrats on going yard and 9 innings. Did she hit anything after that? We have had a couple of kids go yard for the first time this year and we should of pulled them from the order right after. None could find the ball again as they were searching for the fence.

Congrats....I really hate that our girls almost never get this opportunity. I was at our last game of the season coaching 3B and chatting with other coach in their dugout, I asked him how deep he thought the fence was maybe 240? he said no probably closer to 260? I said well maybe she still has a chance, the coach looked at me like I was crazy, the batter is maybe 5ft tall and by silly quirk was batting 10th. She crushed the ball and it takes one hop and bounces to the middle of the fence sure it was a inside the park HR but it is nothing like actually hitting it over the fence. This is her 4th inside the parker this year at least two were no doubt over 200ft.

On top of that we have girls getting outs and singles especially in league play where the girls and coaches know each other, you just put the girls back at about the 200ft spot.

Apr 13, 2013
I hate playing Teams from our club, like you said we know everyone so the OF is adjusted based on who is up. Nothing like a 220’ single. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG