Weekend Dilemma/Bad Situation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2015
N.C., USA
My dad was like that, but I found out much later that he didn't mean any of it and it was just his way of "toughening me up." After all, it was what his dad did. He'd brag on me to all his buddies. If he'd have given me some positive reinforcement once in a while, I might mot be such a negative a-hole.

My HS baseball coach was like that... always teasing and running you down.
My Legion coach was the exact opposite... always positive.

I did much better in Legion... it seemed like that was the HS coach's way to 'get to you' and make you perform to show him wrong. Maybe it worked on some guys... but a little bit of confidence can go a long way.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Solid advice above about showing the girl some love with a compliment. Hopefully your DDs team gets to play her. My DD played several years in the Collinsville summer league and I believe I know which organization your DD is coaching for. Very solid organization with some very good teams. Always well coached, and respectful girls.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Solid advice above about showing the girl some love with a compliment. Hopefully your DDs team gets to play her. My DD played several years in the Collinsville summer league and I believe I know which organization your DD is coaching for. Very solid organization with some very good teams. Always well coached, and respectful girls.

As an FYI, I am a graduate of EAWRCHS.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Anyone who knows me kind of might guess how this turned out. However, it was a little bizarre to say the least. Long story short, this young lady is no longer on the team she played for last year and is "guest playing" for other teams. Sound familiar? It turned bad when he commented on the coach on the field and whomever he was talking to stated that the coach had just started coaching again after college. He asked what team and said his DD was being recruited by a D-I but she won't play for that school because she can do better. Anyway, BB's school was mentioned and he stated that BB's school has never been known for softball and any area HS player could walk on there and start. Ok so I didn't do well after that. lol I think he knows my opinions about ... (everything in the world)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01