WCWS games delayed - weather

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
<< Softball News
Friday’s WCWS games delayed as precautionary measure due to weather

NCAA Release
Last Updated - May 31, 2013 5:59 GMT
Contact | Archive | RSS
OKLAHOMA CITY – The NCAA has delayed the Women’s College World Series on Friday night because of the threat of severe weather in the forecast in Oklahoma City.

The NCAA’s Division I Softball Committee said the Tennessee-Washington game would not start at 6 p.m. Central as scheduled and two hours of notice would be given before the start of the game. Oklahoma and Texas are scheduled to play after the first game is finished.

The softball committee encouraged fans to stay in a safe place because the gates at Hall of Fame Stadium will not be opened until the weather has cleared.

The National Weather Service says tornadoes, baseball-sized hail and damaging winds are likely in part of Oklahoma on Friday.

Fans need to stay in a safe place. Gates will not open until the weather has cleared.

Tournament personnel will give fans a two-hour notice regarding the time of the first pitch in order to give them adequate time to arrive at the stadium safely.

Fans may also obtain updates on the NCAA softball Facebook and Twitter platforms.

Dec 20, 2012
<< Softball News
Friday’s WCWS games delayed as precautionary measure due to weather

NCAA Release
Last Updated - May 31, 2013 5:59 GMT
Contact | Archive | RSS
OKLAHOMA CITY – The NCAA has delayed the Women’s College World Series on Friday night because of the threat of severe weather in the forecast in Oklahoma City.

The NCAA’s Division I Softball Committee said the Tennessee-Washington game would not start at 6 p.m. Central as scheduled and two hours of notice would be given before the start of the game. Oklahoma and Texas are scheduled to play after the first game is finished.

The softball committee encouraged fans to stay in a safe place because the gates at Hall of Fame Stadium will not be opened until the weather has cleared.

The National Weather Service says tornadoes, baseball-sized hail and damaging winds are likely in part of Oklahoma on Friday.

Fans need to stay in a safe place. Gates will not open until the weather has cleared.

Tournament personnel will give fans a two-hour notice regarding the time of the first pitch in order to give them adequate time to arrive at the stadium safely.

Fans may also obtain updates on the NCAA softball Facebook and Twitter platforms.

Right now tornado is developing about 12 miles away from HOF, as the crow flies. Passing just north of us and moving east. Looks like it is heading east. If you're not from OK and in the city keep your eyes on the news. Channel 5!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Cindy Bristow
Tornado update...we're now all down n the bowls of the hotel w/ staff supposedly "safe" & now listening to the vent clack from 60+mph winds

(From Twitter)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
And Facebook from Jennie Finch -

hope all in OKC is in safe place! We are evacuated downstairs in parking garage now! #prayingforOK

Dec 20, 2012
In SW OKC heading SE, HOF not in line of this tornado as of now. But still not good for OKC metro area. North Moore and S. OKC still need to keep eyes open if anyone is staying in that area. And still more forming west of the city.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
NCAA Women's College World Series Kimberly Reed Farr: The first two games are at 11 a.m. CT and 1:30 p.m. CT. They will both air on ESPN2.

Mar 31, 2013
No doubt..it pretty much sucked. When you hear tornado EMERGENCY what goes through your mind....? Mine was hold on this ain't gonna be perdy! Glad to be back in mo. I'd support this tourney in Florida from here on out!

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
No doubt..it pretty much sucked. When you hear tornado EMERGENCY what goes through your mind....? Mine was hold on this ain't gonna be perdy! Glad to be back in mo. I'd support this tourney in Florida from here on out!

Well, that isn't going to happen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG